New Tires For 00 Vfr

dasvfr97

• Member Contributer

Welcome to VFRD!

We'll need to know more about the riding style, what type of riding is done, twisties, slab, mix, etc.

You'll get 101 opinions from 50 different members, and there is lots of info in this section on tires, lots of reviews to read.

I run b'stones on my '00 (014 front and 020 rear)

Welcome to VFRD!

We'll need to know more about the riding style, what type of riding is done, twisties, slab, mix, etc.

You'll get 101 opinions from 50 different members, and there is lots of info in this section on tires, lots of reviews to read.

I run b'stones on my '00 (014 front and 020 rear)

he is a mildly aggressive rider, mostly rural roads, twisties/slab - 60/40 mix, doesn't ride in rain unless forced.

• Member Contributer

Everyone has an opinion.

I like the grip of the Pirelli Diablo Corsa III. They have a dual compound on the rear in three different zones: the center zone (for durability and comuting) and softer shoulders on each side (softer for grip). Plus they get up to temperature quickly, offer plenty of grip.

• Member Contributer

so, what, someone posts for an opinion on tires for a yellow vfr... and the responses are from yellow bikes! geeze!

I've heard fairly good things about the Avon tires, but they seem to not be as standard as Bridgestone, Michelin, etc. Baileyrock will probably chime in to increase his post count... lemme see if i can find his dissertation on tires... tire experience

• Member Contributer

The Avon Storm is a fantastic tire. I have them on my two rides and they hold up to incredible amounts of punishment. I have heard stories of them sliding a tad when the super aggressive rider is hammering on the gas while fully leaned over, but I have never slipped.

I will keep buying them till I quit hitting the slab at all.

Ohh and I ride in rain just as hard as I do dry and the Storms will take it with a smile.

• Member Contributer
The Avon Storm is a fantastic tire. I have them on my two rides and they hold up to incredible amounts of punishment. I have heard stories of them sliding a tad when the super aggressive rider is hammering on the gas while fully leaned over, but I have never slipped.

I will keep buying them till I quit hitting the slab at all.

Ohh and I ride in rain just as hard as I do dry and the Storms will take it with a smile.

What sort of mileage do you get out of a set?

• Member Contributer

I don't know exactly on the VFR but on the VF, which abuses rear tires because of the excessive torque, 160 size, and need to crank on the throttle to appreciate all that hooliganism, I get at least 5,000 miles out of a set.

I have 3,000 on the VFR and I suspect I should easily see 5,000 on it.

Wow, you were listening?? :goofy:

I like the Avons a lot as well, the previous model more so than the new Storms, the Storms are very good tires though, they stick well and wear good too. :laugh:

• Member Contributer

I don't know exactly on the VFR but on the VF, which abuses rear tires because of the excessive torque, 160 size, and need to crank on the throttle to appreciate all that hooliganism, I get at least 5,000 miles out of a set.

I have 3,000 on the VFR and I suspect I should easily see 5,000 on it.

"excessive"... meaning not quite enough? :laugh:

• Member Contributer
Wow, you were listening?? :goofy:

gallery_5444_3979_26810.jpg

Storms may not be the best tire choice for this type of riding. :laugh:

• Member Contributer
"excessive"... meaning not quite enough? :laugh:

Pull the front wheel up on a 600 lb sportbike, and we'll talk about excessive. :goofy:

Ohh yea, all that torque, and a hefty weight on the littlte tires. Forgot about that part.

• Member Contributer

I have the storms on my '03. I don't consider myself to be an overly aggressive rider and I wish I gone with more of a sport compound. Granted, I only have about 650 miles on them but I've felt them slip in the rear a few times in the twisties. On Baileyrock's suggestion I will be going with Pilot Power front and Pilot Road 2 rear on my next go around.

Archived