Whos Making Cf Exhausts For A 5th Gen?

Guest ZAKKXX

Guest ZAKKXX

I work for a dealership and have pretty much given up on finding one. Ive tried every company that I could think of and pretty much everybody says they are discontinued. I loved my Two Bros on my last VFR, but they told me they only have the capability of making M-2's and they look dumb to me. Too small. And still have to wait a few weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions??

Micron lists it on their site:

http://store.micronexhaust.com/index.php?m...p;model=VFR-800

Scroll down past the aluminum cans and colour options.

Low mount pipe:

Honda VFR-800 98-01 SLIP-ON CCH63/OS 98-01 Honda VFR-800 carbon fibre oval standard position race slip-on $449.95

High mount pipe:

Honda VFR-800 98-01 SLIP-ON CCH63/OH 98-01 Honda VFR-800 carbon fibre oval "high" right side race slip-on $449.95

I bolded the Micron part number.

• Member Contributer

Scorpion does as well. I have both Micron and Scorpion. High and Low mount.

• Member Contributer

Both produce a nice deep rumble without being excessively loud. Its a toss up in my opinion.

• Member Contributer
Scorpion does as well. I have both Micron and Scorpion. High and Low mount.

One any better than the other??...

Scorpion uses stainless steel wool packing like Staintunes do.

veefer800canuck repacked his Micron with the same stuff.

If the Scorpion sounds as good as the Micron, I'd get the Scorpion since I think it's less expensive. I think you can also get them with removable dB restrictors - sometimes good if you are droning down the slab for hours, or like your neighbors to NOT let their dogs crap all over your lawn because your bike is freaking loud

I've got a Micron on mine and love the sound. :fing02:

Yes he does, Mr. Rev-It-Up in the nice quiet parking lot guy. :fing02:

I must be getting old! smile.gif I've got a 2 bros spiral wound high mount on mine, and I love the look, but it's a little loud.

IMG_0720.jpg

I've got a 2 bros spiral wound high mount on mine, and I love the look, but it's a little loud.

I had one just like it and loved it. I ordered a Micron..Hopefully its as good

mikevfrsm.jpg?t=1211565420

• 5 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

I am looking for a high mount CF exhaust as well but have read/heard that CF breaks down over time in hot conditions. Anyone here have their CF muffler break down after a number of years of use? Or is this a non issue?

I am looking for a high mount CF exhaust as well but have read/heard that CF breaks down over time in hot conditions. Anyone here have their CF muffler break down after a number of years of use? Or is this a non issue?

My Micron CF can looked fine after 7 years of use. It had a foil backing inside the CF sleeve and never got past slightly warm. I could ride for 800 miles and lay my hand on the muffler no probs.

You do have to check and replace the muffler packing occasionally.

Some of the earliest manufactured CF cans probably suffered from fading of the CF skin due to sunlight, likely due to early resins that were not UV durable, parking the bike outdoors al the time, and maybe worse in hot sunny climes.

• Member Contributer

The outer coat of clear is flaking on my mig Indy CF. I don't seem to have a pic handy. If I remember I'll try to shoot one...

Not sure of the age, as it is a hand-me-down.

I've got a 2 bros spiral wound high mount on mine, and I love the look, but it's a little loud.

I had one just like it and loved it. I ordered a Micron..Hopefully its as good

Had one? What did you do with it? I have a 2 bros standard mount and am trying to make it a high mount using a micron mid pipe......do you still have any of the parts?

• Member Contributer

I had a D&D Carbon on my Bandit which I just sold on Sat. (Wife is happy, so I am) the bike was a 2000 so the can was probably about as old( i was 2nd owner) it was a little faded and the resin broke where it was riveted together. In hindsight I should of cut it down by 1 1/2 inches and re-riveted it back together instead of just adding a couple more rivets. I liked the carbon, but don't really want to deal with the repacking or having to re-rivet it again. I am leaning towards a Highmount Stayintune.

Doesn't Remus still make one for the 5th Gen?

I've got a Micron on mine and love the sound. :fing02:

Yes he does, Mr. Rev-It-Up in the nice quiet parking lot guy. :biggrin:

I must be getting old! smile.gif I've got a 2 bros spiral wound high mount on mine, and I love the look, but it's a little loud.

This coming from someone that had one of the loudest D&D's I have ever heard. :cool:

• 1 month later...
I have a 2 bros standard mount and am trying to make it a high mount using a micron mid pipe......do you still have any of the parts?

Along those lines, if you get a high mount midpipe, are you going to hang on to your low mount midpipe? I have a Two Brothers high mount and might want to get some Corbin Beetle Bags, but they work with a low mount (I'm making the assumption that aftermarket low mounts will work with them, as the stock muffler does), so I would like to get a low mount pipe to move my muffler down if I get the bags. However, I want to keep my high mount pipe to be able to go back if I want to.

Do companies sell the midpipes separately? I looked on the Two Brothers website and there was no info other than a number I could call to speak to someone. I may try that later.

Archived