Hid Lights/stebel Nautalis Horn/back Off/blue Stingerz Leds

Guest Jbhayman

Guest Jbhayman

First the Stebel Horn... I am still waiting for a AP-2 Fuse box and the wiring harness to arrive but in the meantime...here is the compressor & Horn Assembly.

Step 1: Disassebbly of the setbel horn compressor - This was done by removing the top protector of the stebel horn and opening up the lugs on the bottom of the compressor unit.

Step 2: I then obtained a 9mm aluminum rod and put a thread on it and screwed it into the top of the horn unit. I used a 9.5mm fuel line to joing the compressor unit and the horn unit. They were clamped together with a hose clamp.

Step 3: Installation of the Compressor unit. I could not find clamps like thiose in a prevoius stebel post...so I used an alternative clamp...I obtained it from Rece plumbing. It isusually used for joinging pipes to walls from a distance.

I screwed the self tapping screws into the frame to hold in the base of the clamp unit.

gallery_13482_3669_8240.jpg

1.jpg

gallery_13482_3669_6400.jpg

2.jpg

Once this was done a threaded rod was threaded into the nut on the bottom of the hose clamp assembly, just long enough to thread the next C piece of the Clamp, containing another bolt - as seen in pics. Loctite was used to hold the 2 boltes in place.

gallery_13482_3669_22870.jpg

3.jpg

gallery_13482_3669_8557.jpg

4.jpg

Next the compressor was put into place and clamped with the screws.

gallery_13482_3669_6871.jpg

5.jpg

the fuel line to carry the compressed air was threaded to the undeside of the bike as such.

gallery_13482_3669_27188.jpg

6.jpg

Next was the horn unit.... I used some Aluminum bar to shape a holer for the unit and cut off the side of the horn that goes around the compressor unit that has the air inlet, the air inlet was then clip tied back to the compressor. I srewed and glued the aluminum to the horn unit as seen. I used a glue that was compatable with plastic and aluminum ensuring both surfaces were roughend up first with rough sandpaper and then cleaned. The old horn was relocated as see in the pictures. The new stebel horn was lacated were the old horn used to be.

gallery_13482_3669_5576.jpg

7.jpg

gallery_13482_3669_10018.jpg

8.jpg

gallery_13482_3669_7248.jpg

9.jpg

Now I just have to wait a week for the wiring harness and AP-2.

Next Install was the Back off... pretty easy.

gallery_13482_3669_9239.jpg

10.jpg

I ran the emergency brake flasher to the front panel and used a 3 pronged switch that had a red light on it for a visual indication for when it was on. Works like a treat.

gallery_13482_3669_30926.jpg

12.jpg

Next was the stingerz (LEDS) by custom dynamics. To make the bike stand out from the sides at night. This is a very easy install...and the directions sent by the company are very easy to follow. I have blue lights lighting up the radiator from the side, lights under the tail and also lighting up the new Elka ssupension that is due to be installed on Tuesday.

gallery_13482_3669_12268.jpg

13.jpg

gallery_13482_3669_4897.jpg

14.jpg

Lastly the HIDs....these were the easiest install odf the lot...just a plug and ply system. I just cut off the existing connections to the globe and then added new male and female connections and then just plugged in the HID units, and now I just have to find a location for all of the components, when the H7s come tomorrow.

These were from predator parts....excellent sevice by the way

http://predatorparts.com.au/

This is just the globe connection and not the rest of the unit...when I get my H7 unit tomorrow I may put up a pic

gallery_13482_3669_8632.jpg

15.jpg

The connection I cut off and the corresponding wires where I added new connectors.

gallery_13482_3669_4735.jpg

16.jpg

gallery_13482_3669_860.jpg

17.jpg

The new connections

gallery_13482_3669_9526.jpg

18.jpg

BEFORE HID CONVERSION

gallery_13482_3669_797.jpg

19.jpg

AFTER HID CONVERSION

My wife said she saw stars for 20 mins after I showed her the lights and refused to stand in front of them again !!!!

gallery_13482_3669_5997.jpg

20.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Jbhayman

Just a quick update...the HIDs are GREAT I used to use my horn nearly every day in heavy traffic, but since installing the HIDs I have not used my horn once DAMN...I wanna use that new STEBEL air horn....I am now more visable and hopefully my life points just went up a couple of notches.I will hopefully add pics of the stingerz soon.

Jb

Edited by Jbhayman

• Member Contributer

John, how is it possible that you're still doing stuff to that bike?

I've been looking at everything you've done and think maybe your wifes payraise has been well spent already :biggrin:

Great mod list you've compiled there mate :fing02:

Guest Jbhayman

Yeah mate maybe gone a little overboard...but I'm keepin the bike and ride it every day of the week.

JB

John, how is it possible that you're still doing stuff to that bike?

I've been looking at everything you've done and think maybe your wifes payraise has been well spent already :fing02:

Great mod list you've compiled there mate :fing02:

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer

This post, and a co-worker installing a Stebel Nautilus compact on his BMW F650 pushed me to putting one on my 5th gen.

I mounted mine in about the same place as the O.P., but instead used a hose clamp and a zip tie through the inner shroud.

Man that thing is loud!

gallery_1632_2886_50572.jpg

Stebel Install Separated Stebel Nautilus Compact on my 5th Gen.

I used liquid electrical tape on the provided relay, and bolted that to the lower headlight screw (left hand side).

The horn is industrial strength Velcro'ed to the inner shroud also. I took the round plastic bezels off of the horn to gain some clearance.

Used 5/16" nylon hose connector on the horn with 5/16" hose.

Thanx for the show and tell!

Lucky you!, LEOs over here do not like any kind of blue light on our bikes. The color is reserved for their cars and will get you stopped real quick and summoned to remove it asap...or else!

They also don;t like to see any kind of flashing lights on your moving vehicle, unless you are flashing hazards on for an roadside emergency, or you are an emergency or road service vehicle, like a tow truck, ambulance or highway constuction/maintenance worker.

You might want to double check if you have the same laws over there before putting in those blue LEDs for good.

Beck

95 VFR