New Avon Rubber

Guest 90RedVFR750

Guest 90RedVFR750

I just ordered a new rear tire from dennis kirk. I ordered a rear avon storm st 170/60/17 for 129.99 and 5.00 for shipping and it came in 2 days. I have to get it mounted monday and I plan on ordering the front this week. I like the feel of the rubber compared to the michelins I have now. Once I have some ride time I'll give you my opinion on them.

I ordered a set for my VF750F, it does feel good. I'm going to order a set for my VTEC right now, because 140 miles into a 160 mile ride today, I happened to look a the Diablo on there and it was showing cords! :fing02:

• Member Contributer

I ordered my Storms a few weeks ago from MotoXOutlet. $244 shipped to my door. It's the cheapest I could find. It took around 8 days to get though. SW moto tires was shut down back when I ordered due to some family emergency.

Mine were $248.98 shipped from DennisKirk.com. They'll be here in 3-4 days in a box(as opposed to open and just strapped together like some places ship). Wish I had shopped a little more, DK beats any price on any item over $100 by $1. There is a charge(new this year) of $5 per tire for shipping. Any other order over $100 ships for free.

• Member Contributer

I have ordered a couple of sets from motoxoutlet both times they were the cheapest around.

I'll be ordering more. I really love those tires. :fing02:

I got my tire mounted up today by my local cruiser shop guy. His shop is on the same lane as my work. He only charged my $10 to mount but he couldn't balance it. Can the honda dealer balance my tire. I would hope so...and how important is balancing. Also is it necessary to use a torque wrench to mount the wheel back up or can I use my breaker bar. I know torque wrenches aren't cheap. Thanks for your help.

• Member Contributer
I got my tire mounted up today by my local cruiser shop guy. His shop is on the same lane as my work. He only charged my $10 to mount but he couldn't balance it. Can the honda dealer balance my tire. I would hope so...and how important is balancing. Also is it necessary to use a torque wrench to mount the wheel back up or can I use my breaker bar. I know torque wrenches aren't cheap. Thanks for your help.

I'm not sure how important is balancing the rear tire is. I thought I read that Bailey doesn't get his balanced and never had a problem. And he changes his tires more than some people change their underwear.

I would say mount it and ride it. If it feels unbalanced, then remove it and bring it to get balanced.

I would think a breaker bar would be OK. I think the torque spec is around 80 foot pounds, so crank on it until it's tight.

• Member Contributer

Put these in/on my VFR. I had a front tire that was never balanced right - replaced with DynaBeads and it's all good now.

No wheel weights to mar up the paint on the Marchesini's, either :fing02:

Archived