Chrome?

I'm looking for a place that does good chroming at a fair price and has a fairly good turn around time. Please post details. I would like to have my fairing bolts and a few other things chromed. I tried to take them to a local place but the price sounds kinda high ($4.00 a bolt) with a four to five week turn around time.

How about polishing them? If you have a bench grinder or know someone who does, pick up a sisal buffing wheel and a small stick of black emery compound, a few minutes per bolt will have them all shining like new.

I polished all the hardware and many more parts for my F4i this way. :unsure:

Ok Please post details on some nice look SS bolts. Um but I all ready upgraded to the best looking bolts I could find that fit, the Black Bird bolts that look like these

http://www.bikebits.us/subcat.php?Category...ubCategoryID=46

and spent a good chunk of change on bolts all ready. So at some point I have to say enough $$$ on bolts.

• 3 months later...

I think that place in Indiana....sport chrome? I have a place right near by in MA....but I don't know how much they charge.......and typically, these Northeast chromers don't do as well as their Cali counter parts......but I am goin to test them. I've polished my wheels, and just don't have the time to keep up with the maintenance. Plus, I got stupid and tried to polish the hub. It looks like ass.... Dirt just wipes off chrome...add a little polish and your good to go!!....I am chroming everything LOLgallery_8210_3380_1252013.jpg

100_0098.JPG

Archived