4th Gen / 3rd Gen Headers Swap?

chas4vfr

Probably been asked, but will 4th gen headers fit on a 3rd gen without modification? It appears the 4th gen headers are less restrictive at the collector, and I'm having a a much harder time finding muffler options for 3rd gen than 4th. Thanks!

Guest vfrrider

Yes. You will NOT be able to run a center stand is the only loss.

BTW, you can make any slip-on fit the 3rd gen. Check my pics in the gallery for an example.

Larry

VFRrider

Yes. You will NOT be able to run a center stand is the only loss.

BTW, you can make any slip-on fit the 3rd gen. Check my pics in the gallery for an example.

Larry

VFRrider

Thanks, viffer. I'm pretty much resigned to welding up a different slipon, and have a friend that can do that for me so no problem. Dont plan to run a centerstand, and was curious as to whther the 4th gen headers had improved airflow over th 3rd gen. Ive seen fourth gens on Ebay for not much $$. Your bike looks great, BTW - i'm hoping to do a white paint, though my fairings are a very poorly painted silver over red plastic - don't know if they can be prepped to hold white very well.

As for the centerstand, I think JZH has made his work. Lemme see what I can dig up, K?

[jeopardy theme]

[/jeopardy theme]

Look here for pics, though it's a TBR full system, not a stock 4th gen system: http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/VSour...st%20Photos.htm

As for the centerstand, I think JZH has made his work. Lemme see what I can dig up, K?

[jeopardy theme]

[/jeopardy theme]

Look here for pics, though it's a TBR full system, not a stock 4th gen system: http://www.vsource.org/VFR-RVF_files/VSour...st%20Photos.htm

Ive been reading up on the old TBD systems - didnt realize they even made a left side header for RC30 that will fit the RC36. Looks like I may be camping on Ebay for quite a while to find something. The undertail exhaust looks really nice in those pix - do you know what pipes he's using?

Ive been reading up on the old TBD systems - didnt realize they even made a left side header for RC30 that will fit the RC36. Looks like I may be camping on Ebay for quite a while to find something. The undertail exhaust looks really nice in those pix - do you know what pipes he's using?

You'll have to ask JZH. He's a member here, as well as the UK VFR site: http://www.bikersoracle.com/vfr/

Dont plan to run a centerstand, and was curious as to whther the 4th gen headers had improved airflow over th 3rd gen.

The 4th Gen system may flow better than the 3rd Gen system, although the rated power for each was about the same. But there is definitely a weight saving in switching over to a 4th Gen header.

• Member Contributer

My TBR system has a right-exit connector pipe, though the exit on the headers themselves seems to be central, so maybe they only made one header design, but with different connector pipes?

The "underseats" are Laser Xtremes for a CBR600RR...though they're still "mounted" on a shelf in my garage!

Ciao,

Archived