Huggers, Yes Another Thread

Guest toplesSV

Question

Guest toplesSV

Some of you know about my SV project with a VFR SSSA on it. I need to get a hugger (for inspection reason + they look good). Ive done alot of searches here and at VFRworld and there are a ton of threads about huggeres but not alot of pics.

I was wondering if you guys can post your pics of your huggers so I can get an idea of how they look before i buy one.

Here is what the hugger is going on.

23423.jpg

341234.jpg

9 answers to this question

sorry no hugger pics but damn that looks.... hmmmmmm..... orginal no really with a hugger covering the tire it'll look sweet I like it although I'm sure it's not everyone's style. Nice looking working.

sorry no hugger pics but damn that looks.... hmmmmmm..... orginal no really with a hugger covering the tire it'll look sweet I like it although I'm sure it's not everyone's style. Nice looking working.

I hear "I don't like it", not my style, why is there no rear end?, more then they like it. but I like it, thats what matters, though the rear squared off subframe I am not a fan of, which is why I am gonna work on getting the back part of a cbr1000RR tail over the subframe. I am a honda guy, (even though i have a SV), so I am gonna get as many honda parts on this thing as possible.

In the next year I hope to have CBR1000RR forks on it instead of the gsxr750's.

If only honda still made a newer version of the nt650.

Some of you know about my SV project with a VFR SSSA on it. I need to get a hugger (for inspection reason + they look good). Ive done alot of searches here and at VFRworld and there are a ton of threads about huggeres but not alot of pics.

I was wondering if you guys can post your pics of your huggers so I can get an idea of how they look before i buy one.

Here is what the hugger is going on.

23423.jpg

341234.jpg

I like it. :thumbsup:

Now if I could transpose my hugger over your 8 spoker, I'd know what mine would look like when it gets back from the painter :salesman:

gallery_8015_2963_1372283.jpg

Also, your bike could also be screaming out for one of Travis's HuggersTM

Slightly more angular over the top, in a soft edged kinda way...

OVER TO YOU, TRAVIA!!!

• Member Contributer

From what year is your SSA?

Thurn make various formats, depending on year

ie

99-38RK46.jpg

Thurn Motorsport made this one for my 4th Gen

HPIM3421.jpg

HPIM3422.jpg

HPIM3424.jpg

HPIM3528.jpg

(yeah yeah, the smell of chicken...... :P )

• Member Contributer

The bike is sweet!!!!!!!!! As for a hugger, I don't make them, for a 4th or 5th gen. D-oh! (Thanks for the plug though, Greg). :thumbsup:

Swingarm is off a 3rd gen (92 to be exact, got it off someone here).

Bike is fun to ride, alot different then stock SV. Stock SV was more "flickable", (due tot he 160 rear tire and handle bars) but this overall handles much better and is more stable. 190 rear tire would make it alot less flickable, compared tot he 160, but the seat height is over an inch higher and the front end is an inch shorter.

Are huggers from 3rd gens interchangable with 4th gen?

• Member Contributer
Swingarm is off a 3rd gen (92 to be exact, got it off someone here).

Bike is fun to ride, alot different then stock SV. Stock SV was more "flickable", (due tot he 160 rear tire and handle bars) but this overall handles much better and is more stable. 190 rear tire would make it alot less flickable, compared tot he 160, but the seat height is over an inch higher and the front end is an inch shorter.

Are huggers from 3rd gens interchangable with 4th gen?

The workshop manual page 13-20 and 13-23 donot show them to be different, only the chainguard after 1991 has an "allign here" note

Thurn's website states that they need the model year.

Linky to Thurn

Archived