2004 Vfr Questions

Corrugated

Question

Hey guys,

I just got myself a 2004 VFR the other day and have a few questions:

1. I am looking for Honda hard bags in Asphalt/flat black (I have them now in silver and am looking to trade). Painting them is my next option..

2. I am wanting to either change the exhaust or modify the original exhaust (I'm looking for a better/deeper sound). Any change must accomodate the Honda bag-rack mounts of course. I understand Two-Brothers has a kit, but one muffler is a dummy sad.gif ....

Thanks for the help

6 answers to this question

1. Painting is really your only option. Honda stopped make the saddlebags a few years ago, so unless somebody decides to sell their asphalt bags, you're not going to find them. Cheap rattlecan spray paint can do wonders though: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...st&p=492829 :rolleyes:

2. You cheapest option is to just gut your stock exhaust. Do a search on this site and you'll find info on how to do that. As far as other aftermarket pipes are concerned, I know Leo Vince pipes will work with the Honda OEM racks.

You might post up a Trade Bags/color thread and see if there's anyone out there that wants your silver bags and has black.

Simplest thing to do on the exhaust is to remove the chrome end caps(30 min job) and drill to 1" holes in each end cap oppisite the two exsisting outlet pipes, nothing more. Nice little increase in sound level and deeper tone. Done! Not loud. :thumbsup:

There are many exhaust availabe for the vtec. Most VFRD members prefer staintines. There is also remus, laser, leo vince, two brothers, micron, and probably others I am forgetting.

I have heard all of them in person. IMHO the gutted exhaust sounds by far the best. It is louder than all the aftermarket exhausts, but still not very loud. Just right, many say it sounds like a nascar.

• Member Contributer
Hey guys,

I just got myself a 2004 VFR the other day and have a few questions:

1. I am looking for Honda hard bags in Asphalt/flat black (I have them now in silver and am looking to trade). Painting them is my next option..

2. I am wanting to either change the exhaust or modify the original exhaust (I'm looking for a better/deeper sound). Any change must accomodate the Honda bag-rack mounts of course. I understand Two-Brothers has a kit, but one muffler is a dummy sad.gif ....

Thanks for the help

I would look at twisted throttle. They have a relatively new model of Givi bags that will fit a 6th gen. There are also multiple colors available. If you don't like the looks of those, fine.

I would look for a pair that had scrapes on them. I would repair the scrapes and have them painted with something like pickup truck bed liner. These will be durable, unique and repairable.

Then sell the bags you have and buy Staintunes and put the spuds in a drawer somewhere.

But this is only what I would do.

I sold my 6th gen last week.

Hmmm, I'm thinking painting is the way to go then in the meantime..Darth it looks like your's turned out fine. And while I was checking that out, I saw the posts on the exhaust gutting, I think I'll probably go that route also, as I prefer the look and fit of the stock pipes anyways...

Hmmm, I'm thinking painting is the way to go then in the meantime..Darth it looks like your's turned out fine. And while I was checking that out, I saw the posts on the exhaust gutting, I think I'll probably go that route also, as I prefer the look and fit of the stock pipes anyways...

And just in case you change your mind about the stock pipes...... :salesman:

I have a spare set of these available :beer:

LASERS!!! :o

gallery_8015_2891_1366005.jpg

PM if interested. B) :squid: :wheel:

Archived