A Big Kudos To Penske

Guest Pete McCrary

Guest Pete McCrary

Over the years I have ordered three Penske shocks from Traxxion Dynamics in Woodstock, GA.

The first shock was for a Suzuki SV650 I use to own. When I recieved the shock, it did not come with the half inch x 10 mm reduction bushing. Seeing as how I was trying to make a Reg Pridmore school that weekend and never owning a Penske shock, I figured that's the way it was and drilled out my frame to accept a half inch bolt. Also, the shock manual was for an Indy car running at Indianapolis Motor Speedway or Pocono.

A couple of years ago, I ordered another Penske shock from Traxxxion for my 2002 VFR800. They sent me a shock for a VFR750 which was about an inch too long. I sent it back and they shortened it. I was never happy with the way the shock performed - I thought it was way too stiff. They had set it up with a 1400# spring. I made several calls to Phil Douglas, Jim Lindemann, etc and they all agreed that a 1200# spring was more appropriate for my weight.

Last year I ordered a Penske Sport Shock from Traxxion for my ST1300. It came in with the short body top which would necessitate grinding the frame and had set it up with a 1000# spring. After reading many posts on ST sites, everyone's consensus seemed to be that a 1300# spring would be better suited for me.

I ordered the correct Hyperco springs for each shock from HPR racing for $64.95 each. I called Penske in Pennsylvania and bitched to them about the service I was getting from Traxxion. They told me to box the shocks up and send both of the shocks up to them and they get them set-up properly including the correct body tops for the ST.

Penske called me with their charges today: Shipping only. They did all the work for free in the interest of customer relations.

So, a giant kudos and thank you to Shane Sweigert and Cole Seitzinger at Penske. You guys are the best and know how to take care of your customers. It is so refreshing to deal with people who understand that the key to good business is taking care of your customers.

just wondering.. why did you go to that place 3 times??? :unsure:

Been wondering that myself (in hindsight). More than anything because they are close enough to run up to their shop on my lunch hour.

If your dealing with Traxxion, ask for "Thermos Man" and tell him Timmy The Cop from Crossroads sent you.

I think my days of dealing with Traxxion are over. I put my name on my posts on the internet and I have to pretty well assume this post (which I placed on 4 different boards) has made it's way to them. Why go through them when I can go directly to Penske? I had my KTM Supermoto set up by CompuTrak. They installed a triple adjustable Penske on it which I know for a fact that Ken did not purchase from Traxxion. When I took the shock off the Supermoto and installed it on the Duke II I bought, I sent the shock to Phil Douglas for him to set it up. Works like a charm.

It was Jim Lindemann who suggested that I deal directly with Penske since he, Traxxion, Phil Douglas, etc all have to get their parts from Penske. So I have to give a big thanks to Jim Lindemann also for making a suggestion that wound up not putting any money into his pocket but saved me a ton of money.

After a company gets it wrong 3 out of 3 times for an item as quality (and expensive) as a Penske you lose confidence in dealing with them on future parts.

Archived