Blueant Bike To Bike Or Rider To Passenger Communication

Guest kb2wji

Guest kb2wji

Came across this gizmo surfin around the net. I dont need the longer range of the chatterboxes, but i'd love to have a bike to bike AND rider to passenger capability. Anyone use this thing? I love the slick packaging :thumbsup:

Not sure about the return policy. I'm gonna look into it. I'm kinda surprised I havent seen any ads for it in the magazines. I'll probably end up getting a pair, and i'll write a review +1.gif

The Autocom systems are supposed to be awesome with more versatility (ability to add mp3 players, radar detectors) on top of the communication systems and superior sound quality even at high speeds, but they are also $$$$$. I've done a fair amount of research into them and that's what is holding me back. <_<

I found them on eBay for $240/pair, shipped. So $120 shipped per unit isnt too bad. Thats what i'd expect to pay for a really nice bluetooth cellular headset. I'm gonna place an order pretty soon, so i'll let you guys know how they work.

Not sure about the return policy. I'm gonna look into it. I'm kinda surprised I havent seen any ads for it in the magazines. I'll probably end up getting a pair, and i'll write a review +1.gif

I'm willing to help do the high-speed testing... :P

• Member Contributer

Sure sounds good to me. Anyone see a better deal than this on the single-speaker unit?

In the review article they mentioned a forthcoming two-speaker model, but I don't see any evidence that it exists yet. Anyone find one?

There is a difference between the open-face and full face versions. The full face version has a small mic that goes in with velcro. The open-face version has a boom mic. The open-face version is much more readily available and cheaper, so if you don't mind the boom in your full-face helmet, it looks like Amazon has the best price.

• Member Contributer

Thanks, kb2wji. Looks like a good solution at a great (Amazon) price point. I may just order a pair, unless others here have negative feedback to share. Anybody? +1.gif

I have had two units for over 6 months last year. I love the blueant units. I have used them for my mobile phone (make sure the phone has bluetooth version 1.2 mine is 1.1 and doesn't auto connect).

I have the wife or daughter pilion at times and it's great to be able to talk to the pilion.

I have also used them solo with a friend with one and have found the range better than 150 metres between bikes.

I use a modular helmet, they say they are noisy. I ride with plugs and they seem clearer using plugs. I have used them bike to bike up around 125klsPH but because I have poorish hearing I find that is about the limit for me.

• Member Contributer
Came across this gizmo surfin around the net. I dont need the longer range of the chatterboxes, but i'd love to have a bike to bike AND rider to passenger capability. Anyone use this thing? I love the slick packaging :thumbsup:

KB2WJI, Interesting you ask if anyone has used them and get lots of opinions from people who have NOT used them and only one who actually has! I have used them driver to pillion and like them because I hate wires. Talk mode the battery lasts about 5 hours not 10. You can put them in phone mode (stand by) and push to talk and extend life greatly. Audio is pretty good up to 50 mph and after that wind noise in the receiving helmet starts to make it more difficult.

They were exactly what I was looking for and I'm sure Gen 2 will be even better when ever it comes out. BTW Customer Service was first class in my experience. Call and you actually talk to a person. Unheard of these days.

Geezer, n4uau

• Member Contributer

I've got a few days experience with the Scala Q2. If you're looking into it, it's not bad. The sound quality is good up to about 65mph. It features 500meter (metre?) bike to bike, plus rider to passenger, plus fm radio, plus cell, plus gps. I use it with an fm transmitter for my ipod also. Battery life seems okay for now not enough time to really tell yet. You have to be careful with buying a gps for it. looks like for Garmin only the Zumo will work with it. I bought a C550 and they won't link up. (code 0000 instead of code 1234) After buying the C550 I found a quote on Garmin's site about it not transmitting it's voice directions.

whatever you buy check the volume out ahead of time. I'm trying to get use to it above 65mph. I bought it off of Ebay for 159.99. If you decide on it and don't see it for that price just wait it'll resurface.

Archived