Supersport Fender For The Vfr (pic Heavy!)

SEBSPEED

• Member Contributer

Since I lowsided yesterday, I decided to go ahead and bite the bullet and repair my broken fender by cutting it down (as if I didn't have enough to repair after crashing). I didn't remove material quite as aggressively as you, Seb, and the rear I left alone entirely. I think it came out too well; I can hardly tell I did anything! gallery_5128_669_57075.jpg

S7000359.JPG Before...

gallery_5128_669_38047.jpg

S7000830.JPG ...and after. Still needs a repaint.

What do you think?

EDIT: Weird. In the reduced size photo, it looks like the transition from the horizontal line to the one sloping downward is very sharp, but it's not. Look at the full size pic.

• 1 month later...

Hey, not bad! It's definitely more "angular" than my cut, but it goes well with the side fairing vents, I think. Take some bigger, higher res pics when you get it all back together! :unsure:

Sorry I missed ya the first time around, for some reason, when I log in & have a new PM, I get denied on the "View New Posts" button... limits me to whats on the homepage for new posts... :unsure:

• Member Contributer
Take some bigger, higher res pics when you get it all back together!

Will do. Should have the fairings painted tomorrow eve, back on the bike Wednesday. Got a 1000-mile ride Saturday!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Well, been wanting to do this forever. So,...since I have to rebuild the front end, a tad, and the fender needed to come off,....

100_4640.jpg

100_4641.jpg

Not as invasive. And I added a bit of a mud flap, on the back, to try to keep some of the road tar off of the front head bank. (That crap is a PITA to try to get off).

• Member Contributer

100_4644.jpg

100_4643.jpg

No. Not an extenda. It's the rest of the rubbermaid garbage can. LOL.