Fox Double Clicker Install And Pics.

Smola67

• Member Contributer

Put on a Hypercoil 1300lb spring and just got back from my first ride. Not to many miles to tell yet but she seems to attack the turns now. Also first run on the new tires.

Here is all the stuff I have collected in my search for a good suspension.

gallery_10225_2825_134343.jpg

DSCF0007.JPG

gallery_10225_2825_207644.jpg

DSCF0008.JPG

gallery_10225_2825_153605.jpg

DSCF0009.JPG

gallery_10225_2825_256031.jpg

DSCF0010.JPG

Temporary mounting on the bike. Going to make a bracket to mount it to the exhaust/foot peg bracket bolt.

gallery_10225_2825_116102.jpg

DSCF0011.JPG

Does anyone have any good pics of a reservoir mounted?

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
Does anyone have any good pics of a reservoir mounted?

bought a peg bracket for $15, chopped to size and hey presto!

boot.jpg

• Member Contributer

Nice!

I too have a Fox twin clicker.

Having it rebuilt right now and I will also need to mount it somewhere.

For now, I came up with the same temp. location as you did.

What a coincidense :rolleyes:

I am thinking of making a bracket to go on a rear subframe.

Now, that I finally have a workbench and vise in my "shop" I can prolly muster that much :idea3:

• Member Contributer
I was told that Fox was going to stop making street bike shocks. Is yours new stock from Fox which would sort of disprove the rumor?

They did.

This is an old shock.

I was told that Fox was going to stop making street bike shocks. Is yours new stock from Fox which would sort of disprove the rumor?

As mentioned, old stock. Their newest m/c shock after the Twin Clicker was the TC-R and I think that was the last model made for bikes. I've been told by several suspension Geru's that the Fox shocks has several inferior designs compared to shocks like Ohlins/Penske but are a marked improvement over stock and adjustable.

I had a Fox Twin Clicker on my Vtec in 03. :thumbsup:

Put on a Hypercoil 1300lb spring and just got back from my first ride. Not to many miles to tell yet but she seems to attack the turns now.

I found this to be true also after installing a 1100 lb rear on my Ohlins, it's transferring much more weight to the front end which loads it more. What fork springs are you running? .95 or higher I would think with that 1300lb rear.

When I had my forks revalved and re-sprung a few years back I still had the stock rear spring rate on the Ohlins rear and while I felt some improvement in the forks they were Never right until I put the proper rate rear spring on. Then it all came together and railed! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Put on a Hypercoil 1300lb spring and just got back from my first ride. Not to many miles to tell yet but she seems to attack the turns now.

I found this to be true also after installing a 1100 lb rear on my Ohlins, it's transferring much more weight to the front end which loads it more. What fork springs are you running? .95 or higher I would think with that 1300lb rear.

When I had my forks revalved and re-sprung a few years back I still had the stock rear spring rate on the Ohlins rear and while I felt some improvement in the forks they were Never right until I put the proper rate rear spring on. Then it all came together and railed! :thumbsup:

I am using .95 springs in the front. The bike is set up very well but I can tell that I am going to have to do the front gold valves and new fluid. The front is not being controlled as well as the rear at this point. I will get some pics up tonight of my final mounting location.

• Member Contributer

My shock came from an F3 race bike. So yes it is old but way better than stock. Much better to have the rear spring setup for my weight. As for the front springs, the thing I like the best is the improvement in my braking. The front no longer dives under my weight. :thumbsup:

Guest FLYONWALL9

Could you mount the reservoir with large hose clamps to the subframe? I've

been thinking about what to do with mine when I get to that point. Best I have

come up with.

I see all your "stuff" how were you able to take off the springs, tools and such.

I would really like to repowdercoat mine. Wondering more about releasing the

gas?

• Member Contributer
Could you mount the reservoir with large hose clamps to the subframe? I've

been thinking about what to do with mine when I get to that point. Best I have

come up with.

I see all your "stuff" how were you able to take off the springs, tools and such.

I would really like to repowdercoat mine. Wondering more about releasing the

gas?

Just took it to my local bike shop and had them take it off. They do it very fast and it takes the risk away from me loosing an eye.

Guest FLYONWALL9

I don't mean to derail... but.... ^_^

WHen you got those shocks did you have the oil and gas checked and if so what was the

cost. I just picked up a really good used GSXR shock, no clue on the spring rate I am

guessing stock. and know even less about setup.

All I know is the fronts have been rebuilt and the setup is supposed to be a semi road/race

per my weight 190lbs. What would a good rear be?