Anyone Hear Anything About The New Dunlop Sportmax Roadsmart?

Guest tpierce(MP)

Very nice, i'll definently be asking my local tire place again about them. Although at over $400 for a set when i can get BT021s for well under $300 mounted... I guess i'll have to see what they can get them for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Member Contributer

Any other info on the Roadsmarts? Ive ordered PR2's from my dealer and we're still waiting for the rear to come in as we have been for 2 months. Even though i loved my last two sets of PR's, im wanting to experiment a bit now with different tires/milages. I kind of gave up on Dunlops after always having cupping issues with the front tires on my 51 as well as the VFR. But, im thinking maybe the roadsmarts are a different animal all together, and i can get them cheaper than the PR2's.

Any upcoming feedback would be appreciated! For this bike, im mainly looking for uniform/even treadwear and mileage.

• Member Contributer

Am I correct in learning that the Roadsmart's dual rubber compound is only on the rear tire and not on the front?

• Member Contributer
Am I correct in learning that the Roadsmart's dual rubber compound is only on the rear tire and not on the front?

Probably. The 021's are that way. BTW, avoid 021's. They turn in great for the first one third of tread life then turn into garbage truck tires for handling. I have a set of worn out (thank goodness) 021's on my 6th gen. Definitely gonna put on something better for TMAC.

Seems to me that the tire industry doesn't have dual compound tires figured out yet for the street...just my 3 cents. wink.gif

• Member Contributer

Well, just got back from dropping my '02 off for the wiring recall, and ordered a set of RoadSmarts for them to throw on while the bike's there. They didnt stock them, but said they soon would be, and also said that I would be their guinea pig, as i'm the first set they've sold. $236 for the pair, and $20 each to mount/balance. I did the shopping last week, and that's as cheap if not cheaper than anyplace on the web that i've found when you figure in shipping, etc. Some places offered free shipping on two or more tires....but the price of the tires themselves were a few bucks more.

My only fear is the front cupping up like my past dunlops and friends' dunlops have, and yes I'm very anal about tire pressure. I'm hoping these will be ok. My last two sets of pilot roads have worn excellent and even, so it was hard to decide to switch. Ive got about 8k miles on the set now, and the rear is shot but the front could go another 1.5k miles, so the treadlife was satisfactory too. But I still wanted to try something new, and the pilot road 2 rear is still on backorder and was more $$, which is also why i decided to try these. We'll see...

Archived