Got The Hid's In Tonight.

Smola67

• Member Contributer

gallery_10225_2825_809233.jpg

Got home from work and had to get them in. Got them from ebay for $89 shipped.

Ended up getting the H4 High and low beam set up. The high beam is just a regular bulb which puts out a bunch of spread out higher pointing light. These are very bright and are much brighter than the picture. The actual HID is the low beam bulb which is directed lower and are super bright. Much brighter than my silverstars ever were.

These came from Japan I think and arrived in perfect condition. I was afraid they may have been broke when I shook the box and I heard things that moved. I was pleased to see that everything was packaged in foam and the 2 brackets that I did not use were hitting each other and nothing else. smile.gif I used the same mounting points for the ballasts that everyone else has been using. Zip ties are my friend. :thumbsup:

One hour and fifteen minutes, one beer and one mixed drink later and I am very happy with the result of the HID's.

No ride test yet but I am very happy with my blinding HID's so far.

On with the pics.

High beam regular bulb:

gallery_10225_2825_35579.jpg

DSCF0100.JPG

Low beam:

gallery_10225_2825_4032.jpg

DSCF0099.JPG

nicely done. I'd love to see the light pattern they throw forward - say against a wall. I miss the HID's I had in my Maxima, they were the best lights I've ever driven with. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
nicely done. I'd love to see the light pattern they throw forward - say against a wall. I miss the HID's I had in my Maxima, they were the best lights I've ever driven with. :thumbsup:

As soon as it stops raining I will get the bike out and shine the lights against the garage door and post some pics. . :thumbsup:

As soon as it stops raining I will get the bike out and shine the lights against the garage door and post some pics. . :thumbsup:

well its snowing here like crazy, enjoy the rain!!!

• Member Contributer

Sorry I have had no updates lately. I finally took some new pics put have not taken the bike out to get any pics yet. Here are some pics of the wiring and the ballast mounting spots. Also took some pics of some body panel clips I get from the auto parts store for $1.77 for two.

gallery_10225_2825_809233.jpg

DSCF0001.JPG

gallery_10225_2825_98059.jpg

DSCF0002.JPG

gallery_10225_2825_510266.jpg

DSCF0003.JPG

gallery_10225_2825_555340.jpg

DSCF0004.JPG

gallery_10225_2825_619776.jpg

DSCF0005.JPG

gallery_10225_2825_865085.jpg

DSCF0006.JPG

• 1 month later...
  • Member Contributer
Now that you have the low beams covered, you should think about a second set of lamps for high. It is the only way to go. Go fast at night that is.

Yes I love the HID's but I will be looking into a slick way of adding some more lights. I just can't get enough.

Now that you have the low beams covered, you should think about a second set of lamps for high. It is the only way to go. Go fast at night that is.

Yes I love the HID's but I will be looking into a slick way of adding some more lights. I just can't get enough.

The slick way? Get a VTEC! :goofy:

Only half joking, we get four bulbs to mod! :thumbsup: