Need Help On A Matris Steering Damper

WERA910

I was able to get a Matris Steering Damper for my bike (M2 model), but the US distributor doesn't support them anymore. Emails to the current US support haven't been returned, and one gentleman in Michigan who said he could support it guessing far more money than I want to put into it. So, it's a good piece with a bent rod and subsequent leaking seals. My previous dampers with bent rods have been able to be repaired rather inexpensively at any number of US suspension shops so, I would like to have this one repaired.

Since we have many international connections on this site, does anyone here know of a shop that could do this work for <$100 US? It's such a small package, I'm pretty sure I could ship to Europe fairly ecomomically. Does anyone have any better suggestions for me? I've seen some other dampers selling used for about $150+, so I don't want to invest much more into this Matris.

Since we have many international connections on this site, does anyone here know of a shop that could do this work for <$100 US?

Well I checked and regular servicing allready sets you back €80, a complete overhaul €135, and that doesn't include the price of a replacement rod (or shipping). The $ doing 1.4 to the € makes it unlikely to have it done here for <$100

The $ doing 1.4 to the € makes it unlikely to have it done here for <$100

Thank you for looking into this... seems a shame, but I guess I'll just junk it.

If anyone hears of a replacement damper for a '02 to '05 Tuono... let me know! :goofy: The stocker is still there... but it's getting awful weak.

Archived