Comparisions On Frame From 1989 To 1992 Frame?

Guest bradc

Question

is there any really big frame differences between an older interceptor to up to 1994 or more say...???

looking to buy older vfr and do something alittle wild like hobydog1 did.... only alittle more track type

bike i think not sure just want to start collecting info then get what i need. smile.gif :unsure:

any help on this would be a great help guys.....

wanted to originally do an nr750 knock off but have come to the realization that aint gonna happen hahahaha

no kits on the face of the earth +1.gif

oh well gonna make my own one of kind with alittle attitude hehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7 answers to this question

1986-1989 vfr700s and 750s share the same frame design. They had double swingarms.

1990-1993 share frames.

Nothing will easily interchange between the generations like swapping engines.

Almost anything can be done, depends on how handy you are with aluminum welding and other assorted fabrication.

4th Gen (1994-1997) is probably the best basis for a more radical custom - doesn't have the 'strakes' behind the rear plates of the twinspar that the 3rd Gen has, and it's less complex under the skin than the 5th Gen.

ya i think your right about the 1994 and up would be easier i thought to, gonna get one maybe just frame and engine.

i have a 94" and i love it wouldn't change a thing well maybe suspesion thats all but will do another for sure :blink:

definetly gonna need help later thats for sure guys hahaaha but will take all info and ideas as well, a little twist on things always go's a long

way thats for sure.

maybe an rc51 front and forks to start hheheehe.

4th Gen (1994-1997) is probably the best basis for a more radical custom - doesn't have the 'strakes' behind the rear plates of the twinspar that the 3rd Gen has, and it's less complex under the skin than the 5th Gen.

maybe an rc51 front and forks to start hheheehe.

You have a child to sell to make up the bucks? :D

R1 front ends work, after some teething troubles (nothing too complex) both zRoYz and I are getting close with ours. Once they're done all the documentation for what you need will be posted up here.

1986-1989 vfr700s and 750s share the same frame design. They had double swingarms.

But 86-87 frame diffrent from 88-89 frame evev they look same, same swingarm (accept a mounting for brakeline on 88-89).

But 86-87 frame diffrent from 88-89 frame evev they look same, same swingarm (accept a mounting for brakeline on 88-89).

you have pics of the r1 front on bike? how's that look pretty sweet hmmmm!!!!!

Archived