Turn Signal Bulb Number Needed

2FAST4U

• Member Contributer

Does anybody know what "number" is on the back of the front turn signal bulbs on a Gen. 6 VFR? To make a long story short, I no longer want my front turn signals to double as running lights and want to replace the bulbs with single filament bulbs. Right now I'm having a very difficult time trying to remove the bulbs and need to know the number on the back so I can at least order the right ones. Thanks.

The VFR uses 7443 bulbs, front and rear.

The single-filament version of the bulb is the 7440.

I converted to led so, first try reversing or, break off the running lite pin on thebulb.

Or, I have the 2 7440's from the back and could mail them to you. :thumbsup:

Or, UPS so you can see 'Goldiepants' again... :rolleyes:

They're just sitting around anyways... PM if you want.

Greg

• Member Contributer
The VFR uses 7443 bulbs, front and rear.

The single-filament version of the bulb is the 7440.

I converted to led so, first try reversing or, break off the running lite pin on thebulb.

Or, I have the 2 7440's from the back and could mail them to you. :thumbsup:

Or, UPS so you can see 'Goldiepants' again... :goofy:

They're just sitting around anyways... PM if you want.

Greg

Please don't laugh but what running light pin do I break off? Also, since I've got clear turn signal lenses, I'd need amber bulbs. Are yours amber? Thanks.

Please don't laugh but what running light pin do I break off? Also, since I've got clear turn signal lenses, I'd need amber bulbs. Are yours amber? Thanks.

I'm not sure. :pissed:

After looking at the wiring diagram, you'll want to break which ever pin mates up with the light blue wire with the white stripe on the right and the orange and white wire on the left.

Here's a picture of the pins:

7443%207440%20wiring.jpg

So, based on this picture, I'm going to guess either one or both of the two center pins. You can probably take the a small AA battery and test which pins you'll want to break off just to be extra sure.

Sorry bud, mine aren't amber... cuz I went led AND switched the lenses to clear. sad.gif

Before you bust off any pins, your rear signals are 7440 and you could use them up front and the 7443s in the rear 'cuz the rears are only 2 wire anyhoo :rolleyes:

At least, you'd find out what pin does what :thumbsup:

Sorry bud, mine aren't amber... cuz I went led AND switched the lenses to clear. sad.gif

Before you bust off any pins, your rear signals are 7440 and you could use them up front and the 7443s in the rear 'cuz the rears are only 2 wire anyhoo :rolleyes:

That's funny because the rear bulbs in my VFR are 7443? Weird. :pissed:

• Member Contributer

Before you bust off any pins, your rear signals are 7440 and you could use them up front and the 7443s in the rear 'cuz the rears are only 2 wire anyhoo :goofy:

That's funny because the rear bulbs in my VFR are 7443? Weird. :blink:

:unsure:

Ditto.

Before you bust off any pins, your rear signals are 7440 and you could use them up front and the 7443s in the rear 'cuz the rears are only 2 wire anyhoo :goofy:

That's funny because the rear bulbs in my VFR are 7443? Weird. :blink:

:unsure:

Ditto.

Hey, you guys could be right, but I wonder why that would be, cuz the signals are 2 wire at the rear and they just flash.

But, I DO remember when I ordered my leds, he said they usually just ship 7443s, maybe cuz only the terminals that touch are the ones that are going to work?

Oh, I don't know, too dark now to go out and get my originals out of the shed to compare... :blink: but I will tomorrow. :idea3:

Today:

You're right, they are 7443s. Since it still is listed as a 12v21w bulb on the wire harness diagram, the socket must power both filaments when switched on at the rear. The front, being a 3wire sent up, runs them seperate. Socket contact/lineups might help too.

It should be easy to follow which pins lead to the larger filament (21w)

Archived