Importing An Rvf400

Guest redra65k

I have a friend who registered his YZR 250 Yamaha two stroke racer with lights, as an

SR600 in very PC California and got away with it for at least 5 years till he sold it. :rolleyes:

I don't think he recommends it because he said he always rode feeling nervous about it.

So worse have been done, but you have to live with the consequences (bike siezed by Leos permanently(?) and big fines) if you ever get caught.

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

Unfortunately, I've been stopped and/or ticketed dozens of times in my lifetime while either driving or riding. Never, and I mean never, has any LEO ever checked my VIN or registration. Maybe it's just a Texas thing because they only want my DL and insurance.

rvf's have been accepted by the nhsta as a an acceptable vehicle for importing with minor changes..just wondered if anyone had dealt with a ri (registered importer)

Unfortunately, I've been stopped and/or ticketed dozens of times in my lifetime while either driving or riding. Never, and I mean never, has any LEO ever checked my VIN or registration. Maybe it's just a Texas thing because they only want my DL and insurance.

The one time I did get stopped on my bike the cop checked my VIN #. He was an asshole though.

Archived