Headlight Fuse Blown? Updated

Guest esrovfr

Guest esrovfr

When i started the bike this morning no headlights, just city lights. Blown fuse i think. Been looking thru the manual and all it says is i have 2 fuseboxes, on the left and a right but not where which fuse is located. Does anybody know where this fuse is located, left or right? Bike is 2002 ABS. Thanks for your help.

Ok it is not the fuse, there is btw only 1 fuse for both low and high beam. Located on the left.

Could it be the switch? High beam is ok, low beam is out on both lights at the same time. Anybody any experience with this switch ??

• 3 weeks later...

I just replaced my lights w/ OSRAM silverstars from California Sport Touring. The low beams lasted about 2 days. Checked the switch, fuse, connector and all is good. Plugged in one of the old bulbs that still had a good low beam filament and it worked fine. I havent pulled the bulbs out yet but I suspect the filaments are shot. WTF these new bulbs are shiite. Gonna call CST & see what they say.

When i started the bike this morning no headlights, just city lights. Blown fuse i think. Been looking thru the manual and all it says is i have 2 fuseboxes, on the left and a right but not where which fuse is located. Does anybody know where this fuse is located, left or right? Bike is 2002 ABS. Thanks for your help.

Ok it is not the fuse, there is btw only 1 fuse for both low and high beam. Located on the left.

Could it be the switch? High beam is ok, low beam is out on both lights at the same time. Anybody any experience with this switch ??

both bulbs blow like within a week of each other, is what I find. I doubt a fuse issue as I'm on my 3rd bulb set in 30,000 mile

I just replaced my lights w/ OSRAM silverstars from California Sport Touring. The low beams lasted about 2 days. Checked the switch, fuse, connector and all is good. Plugged in one of the old bulbs that still had a good low beam filament and it worked fine. I havent pulled the bulbs out yet but I suspect the filaments are shot. WTF these new bulbs are shiite. Gonna call CST & see what they say.

WTF these new bulbs are shiite

thats why I use the standard phillips premium 2 for 20 dollars

Could be the beginning of the blue connector ground problem(see Vtec elec. problems) or a cut in the wire insulation (from rubbing or work) causing a short. :unsure:

• Member Contributer

Fuse will be located on the right side near the top above the running light. You will have to remove the faring to get to it. Make sure you do the blue wire mod. Or your instrument cluster might be next. :unsure:

Archived