Took The Wife Out For A Ride Today...

• Member Contributer

Thanks Seb, great shots and story. A fun day out on the bike with the misses is hard to beat, unless the old lady rides her own which may or may not be any better. I'm doing a "short ride" from Nth Carolina to Vegas in early Nov, hope the weather stays healthy and I get to see some of what you did with the changing leaves.

Thanks Seb, great shots and story. A fun day out on the bike with the misses is hard to beat, unless the old lady rides her own which may or may not be any better. I'm doing a "short ride" from Nth Carolina to Vegas in early Nov, hope the weather stays healthy and I get to see some of what you did with the changing leaves.

You're welcome!

I wouldn't mind if she had her own bike, but it would take her a while to 'get up to speed', so sporty rides are still more fun with her on the back...

For your trip, I don't need to suggest that you stay as far south as possible, do I? Even along I-40 your going to run into some cold air through the midwest, I suggest heading for Texas(40-30-20-10, unless you have time for non-interstate riding). Good luck with it!!

• Member Contributer

You're welcome!

I wouldn't mind if she had her own bike, but it would take her a while to 'get up to speed', so sporty rides are still more fun with her on the back...

For your trip, I don't need to suggest that you stay as far south as possible, do I? Even along I-40 your going to run into some cold air through the midwest, I suggest heading for Texas(40-30-20-10, unless you have time for non-interstate riding). Good luck with it!!

Thanks Seb, I was trying to do it across 40 but may run into weather in New Mexico and Flagstaff Arizona. Gotta do it bansie style unfortunately, but not without going through the dragon, thats a "must do" deal right there. I've never been east of Flagstaff so this is gunna be exciting..........outside the fact that the majority of riding will be on boring a$$ slab, wish I had more time.

BTW, my wife loves riding her own which is great. I do leave her when we eventually find twisties but I slow so she can catch up when it flattens out and shes cool with that. She stays with me on regular roads though, no probs keeping up.

From the other side of the globe, I really enjoyed reading your ride report.

And enjoyed your photo's also. Magnificent colours up your way for sure.

Any chance you might upload the pic below in the larger format?

It'd look great as my desktop. Well done!

med_gallery_5444_2437_1236892.jpg

You're welcome!

Thanks Seb, I was trying to do it across 40 but may run into weather in New Mexico and Flagstaff Arizona. Gotta do it bansie style unfortunately, but not without going through the dragon, thats a "must do" deal right there. I've never been east of Flagstaff so this is gunna be exciting..........outside the fact that the majority of riding will be on boring a$$ slab, wish I had more time.

BTW, my wife loves riding her own which is great. I do leave her when we eventually find twisties but I slow so she can catch up when it flattens out and shes cool with that. She stays with me on regular roads though, no probs keeping up.

:beer: on running the Dragon, spend some time on 28 if you can! Take a look through my gallery, I rode 40 west from Nashville to Albuquerque, then 25 south to 10 last year.

Careful leaving the wife behind, she might mind more than you think... :wheel:

Mojo, pm me your email address, and I'll send you "the big'un". :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Careful leaving the wife behind, she might mind more than you think... :goofy:

She does but shes letting me get away with it, i'm one lucky S.O.B pulling this one off.

Unfortunately she cant do this right now or believe me she would, hopefully we'll get another chance to do it together.

• 2 months later...
NO SNOW!!!! Tomorrow is supposed to get into the low 80's, we're on course for a "top ten warmest October" up here, I'm hoping it carries through to December like last year... :rolleyes:

Boy, was I wrong about December... :joystick: <_<

• Member Contributer

Enjoyed your pictures, Seb.

You look like a normal guy. Who would have guessed?

I do believe February is the longest month of the year, I don't care what the calendar says. I know it's the hardest to spell.

What happened to global warming?

Thanks again!

Mac

• Member Contributer

........."funny line"....................... :rolleyes:

This trip made SEB a "Calendar Celebrity"............... :thumbsup:

Enjoyed your pictures, Seb.

I do believe February is the longest month of the year, I don't care what the calendar says. I know it's the hardest to spell.

What happened to global warming?

Thanks again!

Mac

Heh, wouldn't call myself normal, but thanks! :rolleyes:

One of the reasons I bought my big truck was to aid global warming & shifting of the jet stream... gotta go fill up the tank now... :lol:

Yup, made the cover! Speaks volumes for the power of suggestion! lol

...except that meant spending $5 more than everyone else, to get the 'calendar card'. Once you hang the calendar, no one sees the cover anymore... :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer

Yup, made the cover! Speaks volumes for the power of suggestion! lol

...except that meant spending $5 more than everyone else, to get the 'calendar card'. Once you hang the calendar, no one sees the cover anymore... :unsure:

....need a manager and PR man now ???...................... :beer: ........CALL ME............... :goofy:

Archived