Nitro Apparel What Do You Think..

marid2apterbilt

I bought A Nitro cetennial jacket the other week and kinda like it.. seems sturdy (textile), lots of pockets, comfortable, even on 95 degree days, just unzip it some when your sitting at a stop light..

Does anyone have a view on the other nitro Brand textile items such as the pants and boots linked below.. They arent exspensive and yet dont seem to be very cheaply made.. Havent been able to find a store yet with the pants or boots in stock for an eye ball look at them.. Thanks for your opionins..... any other company's or brands that are easy on the wallet but a value on the butt please chime in.. I am looking more towards the Nitro brand only to match the jacket.

BOOTS

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4.cWAT.m240.lVI

pants

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...4.cWAT.m240.lVI

these r the lighter weight pants as they seem to make a heavier version too (same price) just dont think they will be necassary o0ver jeans in the winter or i can add a pair of long johns if need to..

• Member Contributer

I started out with Nitro gear a long time ago. Never had a problem with it. Good stuff at a great price (IMO)..... :thumbsup:

I bought a Nitro helmet until my Shoei came in when I first got my bike. Inexpensive and DOT and Snell cert. Good helmet but vents were for looks only. Made by Vega. Hope this helps a little.

I have the Nitro Vega boots and love them!! They are almost as good as my Sidi boots and don't wear out where the shifter hits the boot (they have a rubber mesh thing there.) I also have a set of Nitro rain pants... never worn them in the rain, but they do a good job keeping the wind off my legs when it gets chilly in the morning (but not cold enough to wear heated gear.) I give them the thumbs up :thumbsup: It probably will not last as long as my Dainese or Sidi stuff... but it costs less than half of that stuff smile.gif

Looks like decent deals on the Nitro stuff. I haven't owned anything made by them (or by another company but with Nitro's name on it) so I can't speak from experience. Their stuff looks good but doesn't seem as well made as similar gear from other companies. But then again, it costs a lot less, too, so it's a good deal for people who want/need gear but can't afford Sidi, TourMaster, Alpinestars, etc.

BTW, I always check www.NewEnough.com for riding gear when I'm on a budget (which is always). Their Closeout and Bargain Basement sections are full of terrific deals on good gear.

Looks like decent deals on the Nitro stuff. I haven't owned anything made by them (or by another company but with Nitro's name on it) so I can't speak from experience. Their stuff looks good but doesn't seem as well made as similar gear from other companies. But then again, it costs a lot less, too, so it's a good deal for people who want/need gear but can't afford Sidi, TourMaster, Alpinestars, etc.

BTW, I always check www.NewEnough.com for riding gear when I'm on a budget (which is always). Their Closeout and Bargain Basement sections are full of terrific deals on good gear.

My first Helmet was a Black Nitro. Not bad for a budget helmet at all!!!! Lasted me 3 years before I upgraded. And I only upgraded because I wanted something more expensive.

I have a $100 Nitro mesh jacket, and its got MUUUCCHH better armor and padding than my $350 MotoGP jacket!! It fits great and i've put maybe 5000 miles on it. I think bang for the buck you cant beat it. I wouldnt mind picking up some other Nitro products. Im impressed with the quality. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply's guy's.. i think i will get the nitro stuff for now too.. maybe leather in a yr or 2.. dont get to ride very often so it wont see much of the outside of the closet.. as for those with vega/nitro helmet's i bought a vox flip face off ebay..98 bucks shipped.. great fit n function just doesnt seem it will hold up very well to a impact, I'm drooling over a hjc sy-max modular just having a hard time parting with the cash...

Now if darth - bling will hurry with those gsxr mirror mounts!!!!!!!!!

TOYS, TOYS, TOYS, MORE TOYS, OOPS pay bills pay bills pay bills, no no no toys TOYS TOYS.. :warranty: :unsure: :goofy: :goofy: :goofy:

Archived