Ebc Prolite Contour Rotors

radar

• Member Contributer

A few weeks ago I found myself in the position of having to replace my rotors, the past owner of my bike fried the factory rotors past repair, I attempted to machine them out, but they had been cooked enough that the density of rotor actually varied from one side to the other with a couple hard spots, so a clean cut was not possible, so in otherwords I fubared them.

I looked at both factory and aftermarket, galfers looked great, but were just to pricey, new factory were basically the same price as the EBC contours, so what the hell, try something new, EBC contours and double h pads it is.

I have done the recommended 300km in town break in, with an added 500km trip yesterday, first impressions, WOW, so this is what the brakes are supposed to feel like, from the time that I purchased my bike last fall, I have never felt very comfortable with the brakes, I could never scrub off any corner speed without feeling like I was going to loose the front end, now braking is just so smooooth, with little effort to get quick stops.

I felt that my riding experiece was limited enough that I should get a second opinion on the rotors, so I traded bikes with Terrol 145 whom has a fair amount of bike racing experience (as well rides the same bike, in one of those slower yeller colors). His impressions were the same, much better braking than his own bike, after riding his bike I felt the same way, my bike had the better braking, even though my front end needs new springs and valves.

So if anyone was looking for new rotors, I'd suggest that you give these a good look, as they do look pretty good as well, if I don't say so myself.

If there is interest, I will update in a couple months, just to let you know if the first impressions stick.

canadaday07004.jpg

canadaday07008.jpg

• Member Contributer
A few weeks ago I found myself in the position of having to replace my rotors, the past owner of my bike fried the factory rotors past repair, I attempted to machine them out, but they had been cooked enough that the density of rotor actually varied from one side to the other with a couple hard spots, so a clean cut was not possible, so in otherwords I fubared them.

I looked at both factory and aftermarket, galfers looked great, but were just to pricey, new factory were basically the same price as the EBC contours, so what the hell, try something new, EBC contours and double h pads it is.

:thumbsup: :goofy:

I have had very good experience with EBC pads, rotors and service. They seem to be really good folks with good products.

• Member Contributer
They look great! :thumbsup:

Where did you source them and what kind of coil did you have to shell out??

I guess I should have mentioned that, $360 US plus shipping and handleing, from one of our best parts suppliers, who just lost his job, JoeW. Boy did his boss ever F-up!

I guess I should have mentioned that, $360 US plus shipping and handleing, from one of our best parts suppliers, who just lost his job, JoeW. Boy did his boss ever F-up!

Wow, for pads and rotors? Not bad at all!! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Wow, for pads and rotors? Not bad at all!! :thumbsup:

That would have been nice, but no, rotors only, I already had the pads