Fork Oil Changed!

KanadianKen

Thanks to the one and only GDAWG - AKA Dude..... we were able to get my fork oil changed today. It really wasn't as hard as I expected. Only issue I have to resolve is buying a 23 mm socket to attach to the torque wrench for the nuts on top of the fork tubes, and the front axle bolt.

Put in the Motul 15W fork oil. It sure had a bad odor, but it might have been Dude - he was pounding the Sleemans pretty good and that beer works quick.

Thanks Dude - I really appreciate the help!!

So my bike now has new rear (Stock Oem) shock, new front OEM springs and fresh heavier fork oil, fresh coolant, oil, chain, sprockets, spark plugs, Radars sliders, and tomorrow I'll install Cozye's PC 3 map. Just wish the damn snow would get the hell out of here so we could ride!!

KK,

How many miles do you have on your bike? What stimulated you to change the fork oil? I presume the heavier oil stiffens the ride a bit without paying for stiffer springs?

• Member Contributer

Why didn't you get stiffer springs? The stock ones are way too soft. That is the second best upgrade I made on mine (Ohlins shock was the best).

KK,

How many miles do you have on your bike? What stimulated you to change the fork oil? I presume the heavier oil stiffens the ride a bit without paying for stiffer springs?

32.000 KMs.

I wasted the rear shock in the fall, figured changing the fork oil in the front was a good idea. Wasn't too hard to do.

I'll see if the oil change is an improvement - next time I ride!

Why didn't you get stiffer springs? The stock ones are way too soft. That is the second best upgrade I made on mine (Ohlins shock was the best).

Simple......... $$$$$$$$$$$$$ and lack thereof......

well, once you pawn all the fender eliminators, you should be good to go on this mod, right!?

by the way, I assume you will be bringing some of those with you when you come to Tmac, right? Definitely will be a target rich environment and with a little 'priming' from Canada's finest (crown royal), you might find the purse strings become more compliant!!

well, once you pawn all the fender eliminators, you should be good to go on this mod, right!?

by the way, I assume you will be bringing some of those with you when you come to Tmac, right? Definitely will be a target rich environment and with a little 'priming' from Canada's finest (crown royal), you might find the purse strings become more compliant!!

PRIMING!!!! Beauty!!!! Haven't heard that term used in that context since University. Good stuff!!!!

If any of the fender elims are left - I'll bring them down - you bet. I also plan to bring any leftover topbox brackets as well. I'll sign them for a nominal fee................ wink.gif

I cannot wait to get down south to ride. Old man winter must have shit the bed - cause he's woke up nastier then ever and splayed snowstorms all over us today.

CHeers!!!

Guest 767fixer

i tried to talk him into the stiffer springs, even linked him to racetech's website.....no avail smile.gif

• Member Contributer

Glad I could help out Ken. If and when you want to or decide to change the springs we can do that without taking the forks out of the triples. Just get that socket and torque those bolts down before riding buddy. :thumbsup:

Archived