A Couple Of Reviews

Croatsens

Just wanted to post a couple of reviews, some good some bad. First off is for the PC on my 6th gen. Installed it last year with hopes of smoothing out some harsh on/off throttle response and enriching the air/fuel since I have tunes on the bike. I didn't really notice much of a difference except cruising at 3k in any gear would cause the bike to surge and get all jerky especially at low gear. It was very annoying since that is a nice cruising rpm when tooling around through town. I was constantly shifting up and down to avoid that range for a smoother ride. I had radio shack O2 elims and tried numerous maps from the PC website, VFRD members and tweaking on my own as well as the zero map. When putting her down for the winter I unplugged the PC and left it off to see how it compares when back to stock. It’s like night and day, no surging at all, smooth VTEC transition 100% better without the system hooked up. I’m going to have to do some more testing but it looks like for now its going to stay off.

Second I have to hand it to Gerbing's for their heated gear. Pretty easy to install and it works great!!! The ol temperature gauge read 19deg this morning and the jacket liner and gloves kept my toasty warm on the way to work. I highly recommend this product if you want to extend your riding season for the folks who aren’t lucky enough to live where it’s warm all year round :D

Thanks for the reviews. I've been struggling with the decision whether to buy a PCIII right now w/the group buy pricing in effect. Thought I might buy one for that great price, then if I decide I don't need or want it I can sell it for what I paid. I just kinda hate to spend the dough if I don't need to. Esp. since I just have the stock cans and am not planning to buy an aftermarket exhaust, I'm not sure I'll ever need a PC. I hear it helps a couple of the common issues, but they're not that noticeable on my '04 and they don't really bother me that much anyway.

The heated gear is very nice. Even used it this morning and it was a warm 50 degrees. :lol:

On the really cold days though, I'm a bit disappointed in the arms. Right where the wind hits your inner arm about elbow position. Maybe I just need a better windproof jacket to wear over the liner and that would take care of it? :rolleyes:

Guest 767fixer

not to go against his review, but i and im sure numerous others have had great success with the PC III. just remember a custom map is almost always needed to get the benefit (although i didnt need a custom map smile.gif )

I wouldn't trade my Gerbings and PCIII for anything. I rode all through the winter (14F) with the Gerbings overpants and jacket liner. The PCIII made my bike smooth as silk. Add a Sargent seat and I'm all set smile.gif

• Member Contributer
not to go against his review, but i and im sure numerous others have had great success with the PC III. just remember a custom map is almost always needed to get the benefit (although i didnt need a custom map smile.gif )

I'll side with Fixer here. Why would you subject the V4 to 3,000 RPMs? I don't lug my 1000 V4 like that.

Wera, I have not found a problem with less than adequate heating at the elbow position. I have a Teknic cordura jacket that I wear over it, pretty windproof. According to Gerbing the overcoat definitely needs to be windproof to get maximum heating from the liner.

As far as the PC goes I have heard nothing but good things about it from this site and many other sites. I believe it is a good product but for some reason my bike seems to work better without it. A bit disappointing when I realized that was the case but not much I can do about it. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who asks.

Archived