Will Cbr600 Rr Forks Work On 6th Gen?

Guest JKirk

Guest JKirk

I've read about directly replacing the VTEC forks with a set off a F4i, but does anyone know if the RR forks are similiar enough to be an easy swap?

03-04 maybe, I don't recall now if they're the same diameter or not, they're sure to be a bit shorter though. The 05+ USD forks will definately be too short.

Just do the F4i swap, they're going to be so much better than stock anyway!

• Member Contributer

As wera910 said, they (03-04) are larger so you'd need the triples plus bearings/races. The later model USD units are usually much shorter.

Thanks for the info, had a guy about to give me a set cheap... I'll keep looking for a f4i set.

F4/F4i work. The f4i has .660 springs and the F4 has .740 springs, neither of which is stiff enough!

Also the F4/F4i forks allow the use of the stock VFR wheel,axle, rotors and spacers. All you really need is the brake master cyl., lines and calipers and front fender. :thumbsup:

Thanks, I may just go ahead and buy .95 RaceTech springs for now and then I can move them over if I ever get F4i forks. I think their the same...

No luck, called Racetech and the .95's are on bacl order for weeks, guess I'll just go ahead and put the forks back on...

Thanks for the info, had a guy about to give me a set cheap... I'll keep looking for a f4i set.

How cheap is cheap?? I'm always interested in a set of forks... and I'm in the market for a 600rr right now.

Archived