Tomahawk Tires

Guest Shak

Just a cheaper alternative for most of us "weekend" riders. I bought a rear T1 and the thing is great! I have been reading reviews from people saying they are lasting 5,000+ miles. Check it out. I paid $59.95 for mine shipped. If you look at the pictures, there is a red 5th gen with red tires on it..Not too bad, but I just went with the black.

Tomahawk Tires

• Member Contributer

This paragraph scares me, because I have never heard of anyone actually retreading motorcycle tires.

Remold technology is our special process of taking an existing tire and re-vulcanizing new "virgin" rubber back on, using state-of-the-art European equipment. All Tomahawk tires are tested using Laser Shearography (X-Ray), inspecting inside the tire body, making our factory one of the most sophisticated of its type in the world. In fact, our main business is the remolding of aircraft tires, which we hold FAA approval rating for up to 225 MPH ground speeds! Since most new tires do not go through shearography and our tires do, it may be said that Tomahawk tires are produced to a higher standard than new tires.

Do a google search for any reviews..I have yet to see anything negative about the tires. That is what swayed my decision to buy. I was real skeptical at first too.

Do a google search for any reviews..I have yet to see anything negative about the tires. ..........................

As the say'n goes; "Dead men, tell no tales". :unsure:

Do a google search for any reviews..I have yet to see anything negative about the tires. ..........................

Ive got them on my bike- I ride pretty agressively and no problems yet! You can't bet the price and I think anyone who makes an aircraft tire has got to know what they are doing! Front and rear cost me $125.00 from e-bay. Tomahawk also sponsors a road race team that utilizes their tires along with a stunta team.

• Member Contributer

HERE is an interesting article about them.

It goes in line with what can be reasonably expected from retreads.

If they were still cheaper, I'd consider them.

ROFL!!

• Member Contributer

They can have my old set of tires that I'm pulling off in the next few days.

For $10! wink.gif

That "Dead men tell no tales" line had me in stitches!!!

Archived