These Tires At These Prices...

Alien VFR

• Member Contributer

A local shop is having a sale on tires. But only on the Continental Conti Force.

$80 Front

$90 Rear

$45 each to install.

These prices are final and they are not willing to negotiate installation regardless of whether or not I bring in the wheels on or off the bike.

So, for under $300 I can have new rubber front and rear.

But is it worth it for these tires?

Has anyone tried the Conti Force tires?

I need new rubber, so your opinions will help me decide whether to go w/ these or not.

Thanks...

• Member Contributer
A local shop is having a sale on tires. But only on the Continental Conti Force.

$80 Front

$90 Rear

$45 each to install.

These prices are final and they are not willing to negotiate installation regardless of whether or not I bring in the wheels on or off the bike.

I need new rubber, so your opinions will help me decide whether to go w/ these or not.

Thanks...

Same as above for the install.

As for the tires, they are not the best Continental. You might want to look at Conti road attack or if you want real sporty, contisport attack.

Now you can get a pair of these online for $210 shipped.

• Member Contributer

No way to a $45 install - too much!

I pay $25 per wheel for mounting and balancing (off the bike), and have gotten super good deals on tires at Underbid.com for the last couple of years. Give them a try.

Keith

• Member Contributer

That's $45 canadian... not bad. My shop that has Dunlops at 1/2 price all the time. They charge $90 for front and rear and the roll the bike in/roll the bike out. All I do is right the check.

• Member Contributer

I just ordered these tires:

Michelin Pilot Powers, a front and rear Combo Deal for a total of $230.00, includes shipping. I will have them installed on wheels that I will take off the bike and bring to dealer's shop to mount for a total of $70.00, that is, $35.00 per wheel.

I bought the tires from:

www.RideNow.com

I will have my tires in 4 days, and the wheels back on my bike one day later.

I will do my own wheel balancing on my NEW Marc Parnes wheel balancer!!!

For me, this was NOT the best deal on tires and mounting, but certainly not the worst.

:goofy: I pay the local car shop $10 per wheel to dismount old/mount new tires, then I tell the bike shop that Ispooned them on, and they charge me $10 per wheel to balance. I want to get my own setup for both soon, though, we have more riders at work now, I think I can offset the cost pretty quickly. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

pilot powers

www.swmototires.com. Bought from them 3 times now. I usually get the tires in 3 days. The Ridenow.com deal sounds good. All the dealers around here charge 35$ a wheel off the bike, 70 on the bike. This is why I change my own tires for free. You get what you pay for in tires.

In my opinion, tires are the absolute last thing you should skimp on a bike. They are keeping you from smashing your face in and breaking bones. Helmet is 2nd to last place you should skimp on a bike. For a measily 50 more than you are talking you can get a top quality sport tire that many swear by. Never know when you will need that extra traction.

• Member Contributer
pilot powers

www.swmototires.com. Bought from them 3 times now. I usually get the tires in 3 days. The Ridenow.com deal sounds good. All the dealers around here charge 35$ a wheel off the bike, 70 on the bike. This is why I change my own tires for free. You get what you pay for in tires.

In my opinion, tires are the absolute last thing you should skimp on a bike. They are keeping you from smashing your face in and breaking bones. Helmet is 2nd to last place you should skimp on a bike. For a measily 50 more than you are talking you can get a top quality sport tire that many swear by. Never know when you will need that extra traction.

+1 :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
yeah, $90 for install is a grease job!

Yeah, and the kicker is that they normally charge $80 PER TIRE for installation. I thought that even $45 per tire was outrageous, but I started a thread here about last week and most people seemed to think it wasn't too bad...

I think it's RAPE.

:unsure: I pay the local car shop $10 per wheel to dismount old/mount new tires, then I tell the bike shop that Ispooned them on, and they charge me $10 per wheel to balance. I want to get my own setup for both soon, though, we have more riders at work now, I think I can offset the cost pretty quickly. :thumbsup:

Plus 1 to that. I live 1 hour and 70 miles away from any dealer to mount tires. I bought the spoons and made my own balancer and do it all in my garage all the time now. My shop is open anytime, even after hours, and on S :thumbsup: undays.

• Member Contributer
I bring my wheels in and get them mounted and balanced for $30 for the pair. I can't beat that!

Not all of us are lucky enough to be on the Indysuperbikes.com fan club and track team :unsure:

• Member Contributer

$80 Front

$90 Rear

$45 each to install.

Thanks...

Check out the www.cyclegear.com, I got my tires changed there $20 each last year. However, I bought the tires from them and took the wheels in the store.

• Member Contributer
I bring my wheels in and get them mounted and balanced for $30 for the pair. I can't beat that!

Not all of us are lucky enough to be on the Indysuperbikes.com fan club and track team :unsure:

My next trick is to get an out-of-state address so I don't have to pay sales tax. :salesman:

I think I'm way off the track team with my current steed. I get the WTF look when I go in there now. :lol:

Cycle gear has a new store in Ft. Myers. Is that close to where you are? Just bring your rims, they usually have some thing on sale as far as street tires go.

Archived