Bridgestone Bt-021 Review

Guest VFRbar

• Member Contributer

Both my buddy on his RT1100 and I noticed faster turn in on BT021 on or CA tour. I liked it right off but was put off initally and had to soften his lines often. Eventually after about two days, he began to appreciate the extra responsiveness.

We both ran stock pressures.

• 4 weeks later...

Just like to say that I read in a PB magazin (uk mag) that they tryed the bt 021 on a bike on Nurburg ring old long lap and then same bike on 002s and one lap was only 12 seconds slower whit the bt 021! The mag sade its a great result for a ST tire, and many would not notice the differens in grip compared to a sport tire in street rideing. Its that good.

I think its impressive!

I went ahead and replaced the old BT-020's with new Front and Rear BT-021's. Took my first ride on them yesterday. Everything feels good, except I notice that the bike seems now has a tendency to "fall over" in a sharp curve. That's not the best description, but when going through my familiar twisties, my normal amount of push caused the bike to tip over too far and oversteer. I believe this will be a good thing once I get used to it because the bike seems easier to steer, like the front is lighter. Anyone else notice this from the 021's? Anyone have an explanation.

Fall into turns is a good description, like mentioned tire profile plays a major role in how a bike turns-in/falls into a turn. Rounder/flatter profiles require more and constant input for turns where as more steeper profile tires tend to fall into a turn(which I prefer) it can shock you at first because your using Too much input at first. As you get used to them it's more like think about turning and it goes! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Fall into turns is a good description, like mentioned tire profile plays a major role in how a bike turns-in/falls into a turn. Rounder/flatter profiles require more and constant input for turns where as more steeper profile tires tend to fall into a turn(which I prefer) it can shock you at first because your using Too much input at first. As you get used to them it's more like think about turning and it goes! :thumbsup:

:huh:

What the all powerful, knowledgeable, and friendly Baileyrock said (how's that for sucking up?). I finally wised up and quit buying PRoads for twistie riding (now that's an oxymoron).

Have a thousand miles on a set of 021's and they definitely "fall into turns" remarkably better. Haven't been able to slide them in the middle of a turn or coming out of one yet. The PR's would slide quite easily. The 021 also rides noticeably softer as their advertising aludes to.

My naked 163 hp garbage bike came with Pilot Roads (can ya believe that one!). Replaced them with M3's yesterday and they are behaving very similar to the 021's. Took the bike out this morning and later yesterday and the grip and cornering confidence level shot way up. No chicken strips on the 021's (not an indicator of cornering speed or skill, IMHO) and the elephants are dead on the M3's already and have yet to slide either. I think the M3 is going to be a stickier tire. Sliding a PR or BT020 is very much TOO easy to do.

Being a contrarian, I'll prolly try everything else before going to PPowers which are obviously a great tire....but not the only one out there. That's all gang!! :unsure:

Archived