Grip Heat Controller

Guest matt_c

I saw this on Hotgrips.com

Is there a place I could order one for less than the $42 they want?

I have grip heaters already I would just like to be able to control them.

-Matt

http://www.hotgrips.com/product_detail.php...ref=accessories

According to the website, it's not a resistor. It's lets 100% of the power go to your grips, but apparently you get to control how long the power is supplied per second. For example, at half power, it would turn your grips on for 1/2 a second, and then off for 1/2 second, and so on.

For $42, that's not a bad price. Especially since it's so small and sleek. I’m going to have to pick one or two of them up myself.

Yeah, after I reread the thing a little slower I picked up on the "its not a resistor", and I think your right, it is a GREAT price actually after looking around the net for low voltage dimmers, pulse width modulator and such.

Im gonna order one now.

Thanks for your reply though MFP.

Yeah, after I reread the thing a little slower I picked up on the "its not a resistor", and I think your right, it is a GREAT price actually after looking around the net for low voltage dimmers, pulse width modulator and such.

Im gonna order one now.

Thanks for your reply though MFP.

Thanks for posting a link to the controller. I've been looking for something to control my grips, but most controllers are bulky and ugly. This one looks slick! :thumbsup:

• Forum CEO

What a cooincidence I just installed a second one last week, its featured on the homepage - unless thats where you saw it to begin with? It works great, do not test with an ohm meter you can damage the hotgrips controller - and yes it is a pulse width controller. You can check out other units

http://www.warmnsafe.com

Archived