Lessons From A Cheater

turtlecreek

Well,

I hate to admit it, but I have been cheating on my love, my 03VFR.

I recently started running a YZF at the track and cant get enough of the speed.

Since I was doing the track thing, I thought it best to start changing my own tires and I slapped an old set of track tires on to the VFR while I was putting new M3's on the YZF.

Well, after having had all that awesome speed and handling on the track, I jumped on my VFR w/ the retreads and.....well, lets just say that I was disapointed...It flopped into curves, shimied at prime riding speed and just sucked in general.

How could the love of my life have suddenly become such an old bag of parts so quick? :goofy:

I ordered another set of M3's, but due to weather and travel schedule, I couldn't get to it for a couple of weeks.

The entire time I was away, all I could think about was the track; not my first real love the VFR!

But, there is a happy ending to this story: :D

My YZF left me standing at the track side with a busted spark plug cap and a new front M3 made the VFR handle like a dream!! :thumbsup:

I AM IN LOVE AGAIN!!! WOW!! what a bike. It quickly recaptured my heart as I hit triple digits on the highway and no wiggle or wobble to be felt, just smooth marvelous, comfortable handling.

I know you all know it, but man is that bike AWESOME! Smooth, comfortable with a pure tiger for an engine! I thank my lucky stars that I was encouraged to try one out and able to own one. :wheel: :wheel:

• Member Contributer

Know what you mean. The CBR is scary fast with razor sharp handling compared to the heavy VFR, but it is cramped, shakes like crazy, and is a lot of work to stay in the power band.

Sorry you got stranded. Did you ride Saturday?

Know what you mean. The CBR is scary fast with razor sharp handling compared to the heavy VFR, but it is cramped, shakes like crazy, and is a lot of work to stay in the power band.

Sorry you got stranded. Did you ride Saturday?

no, but it wasn't a total loss.

I started the tripselling my cruiser in north GA and then visiting my folks in middle GA and then seeing my distant relatives in southern GA. so all in all it was a good weekend, just not spent the way I had planned it.

sorry i didn't get to spend more time meeting all of you guys. guess it will have to be another track day or the deals gap trip.

either way, lookin' forward to it

• Member Contributer

Understand your remorse and highly emotional recovery. VFR's are not just a bunch of metal and plastic thrown together. They have soul, a personality, and they have a magnetism that attaches us to them.

You made me have to go to the garage and hug my love. She sneered at me because it is too freakin' cold and wet (for me) to ride seriously right now!! Just a little love spat.

The next time she hits 10K rpm and runs our regular twistie routes and the gap, I'm going to kiss her right between the headlights....if there aren't too many bugs on it :unsure: ....and we'll both be even more madly in love.

Oh, the drama..... :lol:

Archived