Posi-locks Review (positive)

Guest khyron

Guest khyron

I recently purchased a small box of Posi-Locks from Wal-mart. I have been concerned with the condition of the charging system connectors. I soldered most of them to get good connection, but the 3 wires coming from the stator couldn't be soldered, the wire is stainless steel so the solder doesn't cling to it when "wicking" the wire. The connector that mates those 3 wires to the R/R is usually pretty warm also, so there is alot of resistance at that connection too. Short of taking the stator off and soldering a copper wire directly to the coils(too much work) i read a posting about someone talking about Posi-Locks. All they are is a plastic cylinder that you insert the wire into and screw in the male end to lock down the wire onto a tapered piece of metal. Very simple to use.

After i used these connectors, my 3 wires are not hot, the only heat is from the engine. I am very pleased with this so far, the only thing i did is to put silicone in each end to seal it up. They make waterproof ones, but i didn't like the look of them. I figured silicone will do the same job.

Archived