Garmin Zumo

dr.toto

• Member Contributer

In case anybody is interested, BUYDIG.com has the zumo for $758. These specials don't last long. I've been watching some mp3 players that were discounted for a few hours. Then the price changed without warning. It's allowing me to waste time while Christmas shopping. :D

• Member Contributer

yeah, I am really looking foreward to playing with one of these at my upcoming dealer show in Feb., hopefully they will be a decent price

• Member Contributer

Yeah...the Zumo has got it all, including Bluetooth and XM satellite radio...there's probably enough software in there to navigate the B-2 bomber :goofy:

Add that to the Bluetooth ready Dainese helmet that recently came out and MAN..... :goofy:

Although I'm struggling with the idea of being able to talk on a cell phone and ride a m/c at the same time. It sounds convenient, but could be very distracting, especially if you are arguing with someone on the phone too. <_<

I recieved my Zumo 550 last week and have been using it in a rental car while visiting Wichita on business. It's user friendly and I'm enjoying it so far, but after calling Garmin tech support, I was disappointed to learn that the XM Radio weather functions that I was looking forward to - viewing forecasts and also, a weather depiction overlay on the map - are NOT available. The unit will display the local temperature top center on the menu page, but that's the extent of the XM weather product available on the Zumo! Bummer!

I intend to use a RAM Mount base that fits the gas tank bolts on my 2005 VFR for the installation as soon as I return home (Las Vegas)....which reminds me - does anyone know that RAM part number for the base that can utilize the gas tank mounting bolts??? I did a cursory search of the subject here, but never found the part number......

Doug

Archived