Want To Throw My Hat Into The D***a$$ Of The Year Contest.

FotoMoto

• Member Contributer
So, like many before me ..

when trying to get back on the road, and fearing to overshoot the 2 feet, and thus trying to enter at an oblique angle .. I messed up, slid back, lost footing, had a screaming throttle and finally the bike went down :-(

Don't worry I did basically the exact same thing except I was 1200 miles away from home at the time on a group ride with a bunch of yahoo's including baileyrock. They offered me lots of encouragement (heavy sarcasm) after turning around to find out why I didn't continue on.

Why was I stopped in the first place? I was videotaping these a-holes and yes the camera was still running during the drop. It sounds and looks truly awful.

Advice for your plastic? Touch up paint. Either that or have them professionaly done (filled, sand, painted), or buy new. :blink:

Or cover them with stickers. :squid:

• Forum CEO

OPTIONS?

New plastic? expensive

Used Plastic, sombody elses scrached up stuff

Touch Up paint, hides the obvious but is detectable at close range

Sand and Repaint, takes skill or a credit card also $$

Leave it, depends on how bad it is

Stickers!! Yea if they are small scratches

You dont need to toss the asshat into the ring quite yet, search "dropped it" your not alone!!!

just start modding the bike with stuff like:

Ohlins

pazzo

racetech springs

hel braided lines

then use the stickers that come with such items to cover the gravel rash/spots. Some people ask me "AB, why have you got so many stickers on the lhs of your bike"... answer = 0mph drop sad.gif

I like all of those answers :-)

now that you guys mention it .. I do need to get ohlins and maybe new exhausts and anything else with large stickers ....

Oh and thanx for the comments .. I think that is the first time I laughed tonite.

can use these classy belly decals....

This is an excellent suggestion .. there are some cool older 1990+ VFR belly decals as it turns out. I think I am going to get one of those.

Archived