Satelite Radio?

dutchinterceptor

• Member Contributer

I've been using this old JVC unit in my truck for a while and decided to try it on a recent trip. The unit gets waaaay too hot to keep it inside my tankbag but I'll eventually get a decent unit. It's powered from my steering head powerlet and audio runs through my Mix-It 2 mixer/amp. Works well for me. I just hate having all the junk on top of my bag.

Arkansas003.jpg

I've been using this old JVC unit in my truck for a while and decided to try it on a recent trip. The unit gets waaaay too hot to keep it inside my tankbag but I'll eventually get a decent unit. It's powered from my steering head powerlet and audio runs through my Mix-It 2 mixer/amp. Works well for me. I just hate having all the junk on top of my bag.

Arkansas003.jpg

So where'd you put the kitchen sink Dutch? :goofy:

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer
So where'd you put the kitchen sink Dutch? :goofy:

Beck

95 VFR

I couldn't fit the kitchen sink on the bike but I was able to carry my bathroom sink.

I keep it in my left saddlebag.

geez dutch, lol. question about that setup. how well does the radar detector work from there? thought about that since i cant find anything better to do w/ it.

I'm not crazy about it being there but it works.

Guest Anomaly

i have a question for you guys. Headphones?? anyone know of a set that you can wear sans helmet. Something that doesnt funnel air into your ear holes. ps dutch i know storm chassers with less gear. lol

• Member Contributer

I have Chatterbox (GMRX1) communications and XM Roady mounted on a Stemstand. Also have Passport 8500 X50 (mounted to the bottom of the windscreen) and adding Garmin Quest 2 (GPS).

I will post pictures tomorrow of the XM radio set up. For long trips "I don't leave home without it".

Later,

Mark

• Member Contributer

I'm waiting for my last component, but do far:

1. 1. Home-made fused terminal block. This gets powered from the battery, and the license plate wire triggers a relay to energize it. I just got the stuff from Radio Shack.
  2. 2. A way to power the cigar lighter plug. I was silly, and ordered a custom Powerlet cigar lighter adapter. The day after I ordered it, I saw the same thing at Wal Mart for less. I'm going to cut the other end off and wire it to my terminal strip. This can also serve to power a cell phone charger and air compressor.
  3. 3. XM/Delphi SkyFi2
  4. 4. RAM master cylinder mount with med. arm. - On a 6th gen, I believe you also have the option of getting a mount that uses the front gas tank bolts. RAM's site sent me to Cycle Gadgets, which has a tool that lets you choose your bike and what you want to mount. Then, it says, you need one uh deez, one uh doze, etc.
  5. 5. AmpliRider - You need something to amplify and control volume. Others here have used all kinds of things, but read great things about this one, and it's 1/3 the cost of similar devices from Starcom and others. I don't plan on using my cell phone while I ride, so I didn't need anything that had a mic input.

I'll post pics when I'm done. My AmpliRider should be here any day now.

• 7 months later...
Guest rider5050

A good morning to all,

I received an item in the mail that I had order from bargainbikergear.com ,

I bought the Cardo Scala Rider bluetooth teamset from them on their web store and got it in the mail Sat.

IT is a amazing, and the lowest price on the web (anywhere).

They also had the FM unit and other units too.

So I go to their web site to check out more items they offer and was amazed at the total variety of apparel (come on, we all know how much the Teknic and Firstgear leathers are).

Wanted to share the super news of this place.

Super price and super lightning fast shipping (FREE over 50 buck purchase).

So I just placed another order with bargainbikergear this morning for a new leather jacket (got the Firstgear Scout). My wife is looking at the other Firstgear and we will probably order again.

Just wanted to pass along the deal I got on the Cardo Scala Rider Bluetooth Teamset.

I think we just found our new online store to buy all our cycle wants.

Enjoy the sun and RIDE RIDE RIDE

Archived