Diablo Corsa Lll

dbs05

• Member Contributer

Anyone know anything about the new Diablo Corsa lll. Read their site but not sure what this tire is considered. Is it a sport tire or sport touring? Not that familar with Pirelli but Ron Ayers has the super deal for a free front tire with the rear purchase which is only $133.00 . Thanks

• Member Contributer
Anyone know anything about the new Diablo Corsa lll. Read their site but not sure what this tire is considered. Is it a sport tire or sport touring? Not that familar with Pirelli but Ron Ayers has the super deal for a free front tire with the rear purchase which is only $133.00 . Thanks

anyone know how much the 'free' tire costs?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm trying to Get one right now. The Diablo's were/are my favorite tire, but don't last as long as the Pilot Powers so the PP's moved to #1. The Corsa is the Street/Track version which is Super Sticky, but lasted only 1600 miles (rear) for me.

This new Coras lll could change that and I'm willing to tesy a set out if I can just find the correct Part # for the 180 rear. :blink:

Not a ST tire at all!

• Member Contributer

from sport rider magazine:

The new Diablo Corsa III - Three-Zone Compound - is not a tire solely for elite racers. Pirelli developed it to allow owners of modern supersport machines to draw full advantage from the benefits of Pirelli being the official supplier to the entire SBK paddock.

The new Diablo Corsa III is a link between the street and the benefits of race-track development: the Diablo III, and its three-zone compound is a tire that marries the needs of the track and the street, allied to a front offering sure and effective performance to all riders.

The Diablo Corsa III gives maximum performance to everyone; the possibility to live out every emotion on the street. In the corners or on the endless freeway, on dry surfaces as smooth and grippy as a racetrack, or on a wet and bumpy road.

The performance of the Diablo Corsa III is just as assured for the every-day customer as it is for those with the most extreme demands. It is not created only for professionals. It does not need the exaggerated lean angles allowed by its softer shoulder compounds to justify its existence.

• Member Contributer
I'm trying to Get one right now. The Diablo's were/are my favorite tire, but don't last as long as the Pilot Powers so the PP's moved to #1. The Corsa is the Street/Track version which is Super Sticky, but lasted only 1600 miles (rear) for me.

This new Coras lll could change that and I'm willing to tesy a set out if I can just find the correct Part # for the 180 rear. :blink:

Not a ST tire at all!

Part # for 180 is 0302-0116. I wouldn't look for better traction, though. The center is the same compound as the Corsa, the shoulders are softer. Having said all that, mine arrived today!

• Member Contributer

Not a ST tire at all!

I think that the part numbers are on Ron Ayers site.

Why do you need the rear part number? Can't you just call someone and order the tire?

Or am I missing something here? wink.gif

• Member Contributer

Not a ST tire at all!

I just put a Corsa (not sure if it is a III or not) on the back (regular Diablo on the front did not need changing) and the grip is very, very good. Definitely not a touring tire. I had a guy on a BMW GS follow me through a tight corner on Mt St Helens and he said I left a nice little black ribbon on the pavement exiting the corner under full power... bike was with fully loaded hardbags. Looks like these sticky suckers may not last too long - but they sure are fun in the twisties.

• Member Contributer

website shows only 228 free tires left. By the time someone on the west coast buys one, completes and mails the paperwork back east there are not going to be any left and we are left holding the bag needing to buy a front tire. If we could email the info in that would be one thing. But it takes a week to mail anything across the U.S. plus whatever time it would take for Pirelli to process it.

I ordered mine from Ron Ayers on Friday. They filled the order and shipped it on Monday and the tire was sitting on my doorstep Tuesday afternoon. I printed the paperwork off the web and mailed it in this morning. Hopefully I will see a front tire in a few weeks.

• Member Contributer
I ordered mine from Ron Ayers on Friday. They filled the order and shipped it on Monday and the tire was sitting on my doorstep Tuesday afternoon. I printed the paperwork off the web and mailed it in this morning. Hopefully I will see a front tire in a few weeks.

I ordered mine from Ayers on Wednesday, and got the rear Mon. I mailed the paper work the same day I ordered the rear and got the front by UPS today! One week! I figured it would be fall before I saw that thing.

• Member Contributer

Per an email from Pirelli it goes like this:

Every claim is given a tire. If you have a claim number, you have a tire. This is the purpose of the counter.

I suggest to purchase the tire at your dealer, fill out the form online when you return home, and you will be guaranteed a tire. From then, you have 14 days to submit your paperwork before we disqualify the claim.

Kevin Allen

Pirelli Tire, LLC

So I ordered mine from Ron Ayers and submitted my claim on line, paperwork is going out today. Hope they compare to the PP's

Hope they compare to the PP's

They are most likey better than PP, the Diablo was was favorite tire until the PP came out and I would still be on the Diablo's if they lasted as long as the PP's. I've never been on a better wet tire than the Diablo period, the PP's are very good wet , but the Diablo's are better! They both stick like glue in the dry.

The Corsa version is even sticker and received the highest score of any tire tested in the history of the British Rag that did the test. :thumbsup:

You won't be disapointed, unless they wear out in 1500 miles! :blink:

Canada has a $50.00 off promo on a set of these and at this time I don't think that there's a quantity limit.

Try this link: http://www.canada.getpirelli.com/ :idea3:

Oh, by the wayside kiddies :blink: little birdie sez look for something along the pirelli corsa in a Michelin Pilot Road/Power type combo in the spring? B)

Burn baby burn....

• Member Contributer
They are most likey better than PP, the Diablo was was favorite tire until the PP came out and I would still be on the Diablo's if they lasted as long as the PP's. I've never been on a better wet tire than the Diablo period, the PP's are very good wet , but the Diablo's are better! They both stick like glue in the dry.

The Corsa version is even sticker and received the highest score of any tire tested in the history of the British Rag that did the test. :thumbsup:

You won't be disapointed, unless they wear out in 1500 miles! :goofy:

I am not really interested in mileage as I don't tour so to speak. I just want grip, wet and dry.

I am not really interested in mileage as I don't tour so to speak. I just want grip, wet and dry.

+1.gif

That's me, but I still want the Best Grip and longest wear possible. I only do Twisties and rip wet or dry. The tires I run allow me to have just as much fun rippen the twisties in the wet as in the dry. Rain will never prevent me for blasting the turns(at 80% of dry) unless it's a Monsoon.

A huge plus for me in this area is that there are Few Tar Snakes, because the pavement is Soooo nice. I ran Diablo's through 5-6 set's at least and still think there a slightly better tire then my current mainstay Pilot Powers. The Powers provide 95-98% of the Diablo's performance and last 10-20% longer. That's 200-400 more miles. I was avg. 1800- 2000 from a Diablo rear and I avg. 2200 plus from the PP rear.

Never been on a better Wet tire than the Diablo period, they Never stepped out on me once where the very good PP's have stepped out on the same roads a very few times(wet) !

Only problem here is that these are the Corsa version of the Diablo which are even sticker, but I only avg. 1600 miles from a Corsa rear and for street riding I didn't feel the Corsa provided enough of a advantage over the standard Diablo to justify the extra $100 a set cost. :goofy:

On the horizon though is the Pilot Power TC(twin compound) same idea as the Corsa lll, but only in Europe so far! sad.gif

PS when I'm talking about Grip it's always conering grip Wet or Dry! I could care less about hydroplaining on the hwy, but of course if my tire grips in the Wet twisties it's most likely great in a straight line too. Lots of guys here say their tires are good in the wet, but are referring to commuting grip. I don't know what commuting grip is!

• Member Contributer

BR-

I agree with you on everything. I am eager to try the Corsa tire. I do hold back in situations, such as group riding like the PNW meet as too many variables can and do come into play that are safety issues. But other than that we rip like you.

The new PP 2CT (you call them TC) is two compound technology. Yes it is in Europe only now. In speaking with Michelin reps at Infineon earlier this year, they said they will be here in time.

BR-

I agree with you on everything. I am eager to try the Corsa tire. I do hold back in situations, such as group riding like the PNW meet as too many variables can and do come into play that are safety issues. But other than that we rip like you.

The new PP 2CT (you call them TC) is two compound technology. Yes it is in Europe only now. In speaking with Michelin reps at Infineon earlier this year, they said they will be here in time.

Yah, I've never really been able to let her rip completely on any group ride, like you said to many variables. I don't want to lead another rider into something they might not be able to handle, even though they should be running their own Pace it's far to common to let the challange/ego take over in a bad way. :huh:

I really only do it with the one or two riding buddies that I trust completely and only on sections of road we know to be very light of traffic, turn-offs and trash.

But I recently found myself thinking while chasing my buddy on his 1k on one of these magic sections " man this is to fast on the street !" . For some reason our Pace has been getting faster and faster each week, up at least 10-15 mph over a Pace few others ride to start with and that was a no limit track type ride.. +1.gif Problem is it's still too easy and that's scary.

I really want to drop our Pace back down to just plain Insane or Crazy on the street. We have been talking about slowing a little, but were going the other way!

Sorry :goofy:

This is one reason I building the new track bike!

• Member Contributer

You won't be disapointed, unless they wear out in 1500 miles! :beer:

Well, I finally have had a chance to run the new Corsa rear on a couple of my fave roads without any luugage on the bike (after the PNW meet) and the Corsa is noticeably stickier when it is warmed up - which doesn't take very long. I seem to be a little faster through my usual corners with no drama and I can hold an aggressive line/lean angle with total confidence. I also seem able to get on the throttle a little earlier exiting corners with confidence. I think a track day would be needed to fully explore what the tire can do, but pushing it a little on roads I know, I can notice a difference... but now I want to see how it wears. I also want to see how it does in the wet. I ride year-round here and wet roads are a fact of winter live in BC.

I wouldn't normally push that hard on public roads, so my initial impression is that although the Corsa is stickier than the Diablo, I will go back to the regular Diablo when the Corsa is done and save myself the premium for the Corsa - I only bought the Corsa because in an emergency the retailer had no regular Diablos available. I have a very nice comfort level with the regular Diablo and they wear well for my riding. Also, I recognize that I may not be a good enough rider to full explore the limits and potential of the Corsa - in short, I don't think I need the Corsa, but if I was doing track days or riding very hard, then the Corsa would be the tire for me.

One other thing - my buddy who has ridden many, many km's with me, and who was following me this morning dropped back a bit 'cause I was throwing up some small rocks with the Corsa. He has never noticed that before with my Diablos - my new sticky tire in summer = rockthrower :P

I got the same email from Ayers yesterday, and I ordered mine last Thursday. I also processed/mailed the claim to Pirelli that day, and the claim status shows that my credit card has been charged (it has) and my front tire should ship shortly. Looks like I'll get the freebie before the one I had to pay for! :P

I never got the email they claim to have sent, but I cancelled the order thinking I couldn't use the sale if I didn't get the original receipt form Ron Ayers until the 15th or later. I take it you guys just sent the printed copy off the computer sale ?

Wonder if I should re-order. :unsure:

• Member Contributer
Well it turns out I am not getting this deal, neither my supplier or Ron Ayers were able to get me a Corsa lll as they are sold out until the next shippment hits in a few weeks! <_<

I wish Ron Ayers would have told me that they actually didn't have any in stock when the took my order and money over a week ago. They never contacted me either about it, I called them today to see where the hell my tire was. That's when they tell me " we don't have any, but expect our next shipment Sept. 15th." 10 days after the Free tire deal ends. :unsure:

Oh well! sad.gif

Don't feel too bad. I called pirelli to find out about their dislike of a PO Box as a billing address.

I got some ditz named janelle or something like that who didn't know her !@#$ from a hole in a tree. She didn't know anything about it and didn't know who might now.

I had the nice and very helful parts guy from Ron Ayers call to find out what to do. He got transferred to somebody named Jeff something whose voice jail message promised that he would call back. Of course, he never did.

I wrote to the ceo of Pirelli USA to find out what was what.

It will be interesting to see if he answers.

It would have been an interesting tire to try.

But so far, I have wasted way more time than it is worth.

The man on here who works at the dealer in Florida was worlds better to do business with. I wonder if he is still around.

• Member Contributer
I never got the email they claim to have sent, but I cancelled the order thinking I couldn't use the sale if I didn't get the original receipt form Ron Ayers until the 15th or later. I take it you guys just sent the printed copy off the computer sale ?

Wonder if I should re-order. :unsure:

Bailey,

On the Pirelli site they indicate that they will accept the online confirmation reciept you get when you complete the online Ron Ayers form. That is how I sent mine in last week. Even if the rear is on back order, Pirelli USA will have my completed registration form with on-line printed reciept.

If there are still tires available (check the Pirelli counter), go ahead order the tire and they can be used at a later date. Based on how fast you are going through tires, it should not be an issue.

Here is the remarks from the Pirelli website

"Submitted -- Your claim has been entered into system on Aug 25, 2006.

We are awaiting the mailed P-O-P (Proof-Of-Purchase) plus the printed form from the website and validation of these forms. "

Bailey,

On the Pirelli site they indicate that they will accept the online confirmation reciept you get when you complete the online Ron Ayers form. That is how I sent mine in last week. Even if the rear is on back order, Pirelli USA will have my completed registration form with on-line printed reciept.

If there are still tires available (check the Pirelli counter), go ahead order the tire and they can be used at a later date. Based on how fast you are going through tires, it should not be an issue.

Here is the remarks from the Pirelli website

"Submitted -- Your claim has been entered into system on Aug 25, 2006.

We are awaiting the mailed P-O-P (Proof-Of-Purchase) plus the printed form from the website and validation of these forms. "

Thanks ! :unsure:

Archived