100/170 H4

Joe Foe from Buffalo

• Forum CEO

My buddy Craig had a bulb burn out on our ride to Utah, so we stopped at Napa and he picked up an H4 replacement he got a 75 watt replacement. It burns at half the strength of his old 55w on the other side? I guess the resistance is too much or what but its no where near as brite as the 55w bulb? Make sure they are a matched set I guess.

• Member Contributer
My buddy Craig had a bulb burn out on our ride to Utah, so we stopped at Napa and he picked up an H4 replacement he got a 75 watt replacement. It burns at half the strength of his old 55w on the other side? I guess the resistance is too much or what but its no where near as brite as the 55w bulb? Make sure they are a matched set I guess.

He's on a gen 6 right? I've used high wattage bulbs but always in conjunction with a separate relay and heavy gauge auxiliary wiring and on older bikes with Cibie or Hella headlight reflector units. I'd be surprised if either the wiring harness or the plastic reflector housing on a 6th gen would be able to handle much more than 55 watts.

Archived