Track Day Heat Help!

Baileyrock

It looks like you have the idea on how to stay cool as far as clothing goes.

Do you have a pop-up canopy so you and the bike can catch some shade? I've seen cheap ones at a grocery for as little as $50 or 100. Don't forget lawn chairs, too.

Have the use of a AC'ed trailer and the track has really nice garages for free! I will not be in the sun except when on the bike!

Thanks

Michael, come on down. Your room is ready! :beer:

my perf job!

gallery_301_21_126850.jpg

self perf leathers 001.jpg

• Member Contributer
We I got busy with a punch on my leathers(top) doing a home made perforation job. Spent about an hour on the jacket and if you can't tell used Peg Board as a hole chart. :beer:

Fairly large holes and should help flow some air for tomorrows 100 deg. track day.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guy! +1.gif

The perfs look good! You will be amazed how well they work.

The perfs look good! You will be amazed how well they work.

Thanks for the idea ! :thumbsup: I only did the torso area of the jacket so far, the sleeves have a single short zipper vent. I may add some to the sleeves too and maybe some on the pants. My perforated pants will work with this jacket, but don't have knee pucks. Not that that's a problem, I've never touched a knee except in two crashes! +1.gif

I also now have Under Armor long shorts and long sleeve T-shirt in the compression heat type.

I think were sharing the track with a Corvette Club and will get every 3rd session. Should be fun! :beer:

• Member Contributer

Man the pref job looks good!! I cant wait to get out on a track...I just dont know about the 100 degree weather.

Wow Michael, what a transformation! Good job!

BTW, I'm having a huge cocktail party at my house Saturday the 22nd...

Thanks Monkey! It's actually almost too nice for a track bike:

IMG_0267.jpg

Appreciate the notice on the party. I actually have to teach a class this weekend.... I'm thinking it should be around 110 degrees on the blacktop... :beer:

Thanks Monkey! It's actually almost too nice for a track bike:

Appreciate the notice on the party. I actually have to teach a class this weekend.... I'm thinking it should be around 110 degrees on the blacktop... :beer:

Yah, it's almost track ready ! <_<

:P

Man the pref job looks good!! I cant wait to get out on a track...I just dont know about the 100 degree weather.

Thanks, I added another hundred or more holes today to the jacket & pants too. Should make a big difference even at 100 deg. +1.gif I hope!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

I'll report about the whole thing thursday! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
Thanks, I added another hundred or more holes today to the jacket & pants too. Should make a big difference even at 100 deg. +1.gif I hope!!!!!!!!!!! :beer:

I'll report about the whole thing thursday!

Is there any leather left? :goofy:

Have fun, ride safe, and don't forget the camera.

Is there any leather left?

Have fun, ride safe, and don't forget the camera.

Will do! :thumbsup: I'm going to try and not wad the bike up this time! +1.gif

later :beer:

• Member Contributer

Have a good safe time Kev.....cool on the perfs BTW :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer
I survived the heat and track day, report to come! :thumbsup:

and pics as well I hope! :unsure:

I survived the heat and track day, report to come! :thumbsup:

I'm awaiting your every word...

...went to work to meet the corporate person about this deal that I'm SOOO responsible for.. five minutes is all I see her and all she says is, "yea, it all looks good"

There was no reason for me to be there today, and I missed Nashville. I'm not gonna do that again.

Archived