Keeping Connected

Guest CementHead

Guest CementHead

I have searched on VFRD for an answer to a repeated problem that I have. No luck... sad.gif

I have one connection on the bike that falls off annually. A female blade connector to one, or the other, of the pair of Fiamm horns will fall off each spring. It is no big deal to reconnect, but a PITA while riding when I go to honk and either have half-a-honk or none. :beer:

My question is: Is there a way to securely fasten a female blade connector to its male counterpart?

The connector looks like this: Eagle Day Catalogue Check out the Female Blade illustrations, which are generally shown to the right.

I have had luck in the past with crimping down on the "curled" leaves, but that is not working now. Perhaps the alloy is too soft?!

Does anyone have a recommendation? :idea3:

TIA

• Member Contributer
Put some heat shrink tubing over the entire connector?

I like it. :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Hit the little tab, on the back-side, pull the connector and wire out. Crimp the connector, slightly, recess it back into the harness. Done deal.

Sounds to me like you may have deformed the "Curled" parts to the point that they aren't working right. Consider stripping off the female connector, and replace it with a new one. Some dieelectric grease and you should be good to go.

Archived