Back tire stepping out... normal?

ccnaylor

Guest Rene G

I've had a bt-014 slide out on a 600rr...on numerous occations :wheel: , not that I do this on purpose :goofy: . I can also do this on my VFR :salesman:

• Member Contributer
Great sticking tire, but don't expect it to last very long. A friend just spooned a set on and we went for a long, spirited ride. His brand new Qualifiers looked like they had more wear than my M3s with 2,000 miles on them. I try to reach a point with great handling tires, with awesome grip, that last over 2,000 miles. I will post the final milage when the M3s are toast. Loving this tire (are you reading this Bailey?).

My last rear Z-6 only got 3,200 miles and this one looks like it might be even less. If the extra stickiness helps prevent excessive tire wear from slippage, that M3 might just last longer in the twisties than the Z-6! I've got a Strada rear waiting to be spooned on, but I'm going to try some Pilot Powers or M3's or something in that category once the Strada goes south on me.

Great sticking tire, but don't expect it to last very long. A friend just spooned a set on and we went for a long, spirited ride. His brand new Qualifiers looked like they had more wear than my M3s with 2,000 miles on them. I try to reach a point with great handling tires, with awesome grip, that last over 2,000 miles. I will post the final milage when the M3s are toast. Loving this tire (are you reading this Bailey?).

I have a Qualifier on the front, put 2000 on it and it still looks great. I priced a rear today, knowing full well it wouldn't last as long as my 220ST, but DAMN! I need to get more out of my rear then a couple thousand miles. I think I'll look around for a different rear.

Thanks ULEWZ.

Just wait for the day you can have your favorite road wired, coming out of second gear corner, seriously rolling on the juice, sliding the rear and picking up the front all at the same time. It is even more special when you can repeat that performance every time you go through there.

• Member Contributer
I have a brand new rear Pilot Road and it slid on me a couple of times.  Entirely controllable slides that we most likely road surface related.  No biggie - just stay relaxed and steady on the throttle.  Any abrupt input to the controls = bad.

Was out for a sprited ride yesterday. During 130 miles in the twisties I had 3 slides - two minor rear ones and an exciting two-wheel slip in a right hander. Given the temps in the 80's and my time on the road tire temps should have been fine. Dry out too, so not wet pavement.

Suffice it to say that between the regular oily residue on the street and the sport-touring nature of the rubber (and the less than petit weight of the VFR) you can certainly push the Pilot Roads.

Steady on the controls and relax...let the bike do what the bike do and you'll be ok. :joystick:

• Member Contributer

Thanks for all the great replys. I have been in Germany and the Czech republic the past two weeks, so I'm going to be careful the first couple of days back on the bike. I also have my new chain to put on. :thumbsup: I don't want to become worried with my riding, I want to stay confident and in control, yet still aware of all the dangers of riding.

• Member Contributer
My last rear Z-6 only got 3,200 miles and this one looks like it might be even less.  If the extra stickiness helps prevent excessive tire wear from slippage, that M3 might just last longer in the twisties than the Z-6!  I've got a Strada rear waiting to be spooned on, but I'm going to try some Pilot Powers or M3's or something in that category once the Strada goes south on me.

I guess that marks the Z6 off my future list.

Archived