2014+ VFR800F Quickshifter

Hey All,

First off let me start that i am now the incredibly proud owner of a 2014 VFR800 in Black. Was able to pick it up with only 7,000km on the clock

Been searching the web for the OEM honda quickshifter to no avail. Anyone have any ideas of where I can get my hands on one? I am in Europe but I have quite a few trips planned this year, so if there is a possibility to ship one to Canada or the US i can arrange pickup. (if anyone wants to get rid of theirs please let me know.)

08U70-MJM-D10 or 08U70-MJM-D11

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

Have you tried ebay? I see a few OEM ones in the UK.

5 hours ago, Skids said:

Have you tried ebay? I see a few OEM ones in the UK.

I did.. i couldnt find anything. if you want to send a link or two that would be fantastic 😄 ill have a look myself as well

• Member Contributer

https://www.ebay.com/itm/386895619461?epid=27038190285&itmmeta=01HWTX0EHZYQYW0VZPHG29EV3T&hash=item5a14c6a585:g:sn0AAOSwj~pmCEEt

I can't find the other 2 I saw, I'll keep looking. And this one is Japanese. Perhaps I misread them, sorry if I did.

• Member Contributer

You can use a Healtech Quick Shifter Easy (QSE). I keep meaning to ask them to make me a special harness, will contact them tomorrow 👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Mohawk said:

You can use a Healtech Quick Shifter Easy (QSE). I keep meaning to ask them to make me a special harness, will contact them tomorrow 👍

that one requires quite a bit of cable management right? I dont quite understand why an aftermarket QS maker hasnt designed something to plug into the OEM port. Al it does is send a signal to the ECU to cut the ignition right?

• Member Contributer

You are spot on, but 3rd party QS's don't send anything to the ECU they just cut the signal to the plugs to skip a few RPM. Would be nice if manufacturers built an access port into the ECU, so you didn't have to do loads of wiring. 

1 hour ago, Mohawk said:

You are spot on, but 3rd party QS's don't send anything to the ECU they just cut the signal to the plugs to skip a few RPM. Would be nice if manufacturers built an access port into the ECU, so you didn't have to do loads of wiring. 

wouldnt that be possible with say the 8th gen. it has that access port. Assuming all the 3rd party QS needs is to send the 'right signal'

would be nice especially if the OEM doesnt support and produce their own product anymore(the honda QS)