Please help me set fair prices for some 5th gen parts..

ccrunner

Hi guys.. I'm wrapping up a 5th gen project and I have some spares to sell.  I'm not very well versed in what these bits are worth, so I'm wondering if you can help guide me?  I don't expect top dollar, but I don't want to give this stuff away either (I need the $ to sink back into the project) 🙂

I'll start with my red 5th gen fuel tank.. I'm looking on Ebay, and the breakers are asking around 200 USD for tanks with dents, which is fine, but my spare tank is very straight and pretty nice (maybe an 8.5 of 10).. no dents/ minor blemishes.. so what might I ask for it?  Sorry to be such a know nothing about this, but I've collected a few complete 5th gen bikes over the years for my bike-engine car projects, so I don't frequently look at what the individual bits sell for, and I want to be fair as I shed these bits..

Thanks guys.. If you're interested in my 5th gen powered cars, it's easiest to find me as 'ccrunner' online/ on youtube; these are the sweetest little motors 😁

**pic below is a 1972 Honda N600 that I swapped a VFR800 mill into about 10 years ago..

..I hope this is not violating any forum/classified rules- if so, mods please just let me know and I'll delete/ cease posting

-Dean (ccrunner)

n600 vfr.jpg

• Like 4

• Member Contributer

If someone wants a clean tank they'll probably pay $300-$400 for it, since they're unobtainable anymore. The problem is finding that person, or waiting for them to find you. So if you want it gone quick(er), $150 - $200.

I have a tank and fairing set in the classified for $700, not a single inquiry after a month.

13 hours ago, timmoer said:

Off topic but I saw your N600 build on The Smoking Tire. Hearing that engine on that video is part of why I bought my 5th gen. Amazing builds sir!

Seriously the coolest car I've ever seen.  I'm not kidding.  If I ever won the lottery I'd commission his services to build me one.

19 hours ago, vfrcapn said:

If someone wants a clean tank they'll probably pay $300-$400 for it, since they're unobtainable anymore. The problem is finding that person, or waiting for them to find you. So if you want it gone quick(er), $150 - $200.

I have a tank and fairing set in the classified for $700, not a single inquiry after a month.

Thank you vfrcapn for the guidance.. I think I'll just post my extra bits on Ebay and price them on the low-ish side so they move.. like you said, it can take awhile for the right buyer to find you if you ask top $$..

Thanks guys for the kind words on the N600.. It turned out better than I ever thought it would.. super fun car to drive.. the guy that bought it from me takes it everywhere down in SoCal.. he's an excellent steward for the little VFR buzz bomb 😊

-Dean

• Haha 1