Clutch slip after warm up

RedRicer

2004 6th Gen

Long story short:

Bike stolen.

sat for a year.

replaced clutch slave gasket.

flushed, replaced and bled DOT 4.

Rides and operates fine until about 15mins of highway riding and then the clutch starts to slip. I drop a gear to accelerate and the engine revs with no power being put down. Is it time for a new clutch? and why does it just suddenly start happening after its all warm and toasty? i didnt want to pop it all open without consulting the oracle first.

thanks in advance.

• Member Contributer

New clutch time. 

Because that's when your old clutch wants to start slipping.  A different bike might do it sooner, later or all the time.  All sounds pretty normal and expected to me though.  

If I got a recovered stolen bike back and the clutch was slipping after servicing the hydraulic system, I know what I'm doing next.  Also

be sure you didn't over fill your clutch master res, need to leave some air space in there.

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

One other possibility is that the clutch master has some residue blocking the return port; this can cause the clutch to slightly disengage as the line pressure is unable to release fully, taking some of the clamping pressure off the clutch plates. As it is less invasive I would start there. 

• Like 1

• Member Contributer

I don’t think a pipe cleaner is a good idea with the fuzzy outer 

A piece of copper wire should be fine