Front fork compatibility and more (02' VFR800)

Cubize

Hey, I've started converting my VFR to a naked bike and saw a front end from a 97' CBR900RR on the norwegian craigslist.

I've ordered a top triple tree to convert to handlebars for a VFR800 (Moto-CNC) and so I wonder if those forks will fit the VFR triple tree or if there are minor differences?

Any one had any experience with such a front end swap?

Also need to relocate my oil cooler to another spot if anyone has done that before and know a neat way to do it.

Thanks in advance!

• Member Contributer

I think the VFR800 from 2002 onwards has 43mm forks, if you want to use a vfr top triple tree those cbr900rr forks will also have to be 43mm. You'll have to check that or get a different top triple.

• Like 1

The CBR900RR front is very short.  I have it on my 1986 VFR750F.  See my photo gallery.  Just get some Andreani fork cartridges if you want improved handling etc.

• Member Contributer

The CBR900 fork legs are 45mm I believe. 

If you are looking for fully adjustable forks and want to de-link the brakes then CBR600F4i forks/callipers will fit the stock triples and wheel/axle/discs. 

VFR750F3 makes a very sound recommendation about simply modifying the fork cartridges if you want to improve the stock forks. Correct weight springs and changing the valve bodies in the cartridges will make for a more compliant and controlled front end.