Gen 6 brake pads

Hi All,

This has been bothering for a while and I thought I’d point it out to potentially help others avoid confusion (relatedly, I have 2 spare sets of rear pads!).

The first point is Amazon’s listing, which states the FA388H pads do not fit my bik; only the FA261HH pads fit. This is wrong:  FA388H Are for the front while the 261s fit the rear. image.thumb.jpeg.0529a1612cdfc536ad5467cfbf4a6247.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.6a5b59590f05389b84d670d003e20b7b.jpeg

Adding to the confusion is how sites tend to show the wrong picture for the 388s. image.thumb.jpeg.f008cae3bd81b1f4e6b459056ce481ac.jpeg

Am I the only person to come across this; or are there already similar posts which I simply didn’t find?

• Member Contributer

Happens all of the time on Amazon, Ebay and others...but I'd never use EBC pads. 😛

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, bmart said:

Happens all of the time on Amazon, Ebay and others...but I'd never use EBC pads. 😛

What's your issue with EBC pads? What do you recommend? Are you meaning you'd "never use EBC pads" for racing applications? Have they recently changed where and how they are made?

Been using EBC HH's for years, very happy with wear and feel. They were highly recommended to me by some very experienced and respected members at the time.

• Member Contributer
1 hour ago, Grum said:

What's your issue with EBC pads? What do you recommend? Are you meaning you'd "never use EBC pads" for racing applications? Have they recently changed where and how they are made?

Been using EBC HH's for years, very happy with wear and feel. They were highly recommended to me by some very experienced and respected members at the time.

I hope nothing too bad, seems to be the only thing available for my 86.

• Member Contributer

EBC pads are fine, I just don't care for them (or Galfer). Their marketing in the old days indicated that HH was something special, but it is really just OEM replacement. I've found them to wear rotors more than others. 

I run Vesrah RJL Original (actually more like OEM+!) on the track bikes and would also run them on the street if I ever wore out pads...I have a ton that I've bought for my bikes years ago. They're still on the shelf. Same with the cars. 

http://www.vesrah.tokyo/product-line/brake-pads/

Honda stock pads are pretty excellent and I've used them on prior Honda bikes. 

I also run them until they're done, but notice people change them w/2mm or so left...when they don't come with much more than that! (Send them to me! lol)

Here's a pic of the ones on the CB-1. They've been like that for many years. 

20230125_152718.thumb.jpg.924233bf9ef2a36f598d1238e622780d.jpg

• Member Contributer

"And don't tell anyone I shared this one!"

New is 3.08mm, so even the 1.13mm still has over 1/3 life left in it...if one was that frugal. Every single person I showed these to said to change them for new ones. 2.45mm...nearly new. 

20220417_231020.thumb.jpg.e59cb6d5d50a3e1a83f855ca4856cb43.jpg

• Member Contributer

Some good info there bmart, thanks for that. I don't appear to have any sign of excessive rotor wear with the EBC's, shall check if there's a local supplier of Vesrah pads for the future.

Archived