• Member Contributer

Ah.....   now I see :tongue:

There's blood dripping from my ears now....  is that ok? :unsure:

Hahaha yes very much so😉 but actually this exhaust mod is may about 2/3 to 3/4 as loud as removing the exhaust entirely, just to put it in perspective.

And I'm thinking about modifying the baffles I removed so I could reinstall them and bring it down to about 1/2 as loud as removing the whole exhaust.

When you remove the baffles, you'll see that they consist of a mesh-fiberglass-mesh shell and inside that are 3 chambers with pipes going every which way. I'm going to try and remove these chambers from the baffles so I'm left only with the mesh and fiberglass shell. After which, I'll reinsert it into the cans which should bring the volume down even more. The way the exhaust is now ins't "too loud", but its right on that borderline... haha and if it wasn't for my neighbors I probably would just leave it the way it is!😂

But all that being said I'll be pretty busy for a while so idk when I'll get around to doing that baffle modification, but I'll post in here when I do tho!

• 4 months later...
  • Member Contributer

Very good video mate - thanks. You’re very handy for sure. A bit of fibreglass mat will give you that deeper thumping sound and reduce noise a little. 

But having that raw V4 sound is also cool. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 9:15 PM, joemaniaci said:

Do the baffles really slide out that easily? I've seen other threads where people said it was a bitch to get the baffles out and they just came out so easily in your video.

Yea they do as long as you cut the cans on the forward side (side normally facing the front of the bike) of the weld they will come out. This particular exhaust had already been made louder by removing the two little pipe tips on each can. If yours is bone stock, when you cut on the forward side of the weld, the ends wont just fall off like mine did, as they are attached to the baffle inside the can still. But that is no problem at all since you are removing the baffle! So just give them a good tug and everything will slide right out all the same! Really simple mod to do, Id suggest an angle grinder with a cutting wheel over a dremel though... it will take a fraction of the time that way! lol

Archived