My new 08 VFR ABS

vfr_steve

Hi all,

I think I'm in love, here is my 08 VFR that I bought with only 10k miles for under 4k, with dealer services 2 months ago (since then I've covered over 2000 miles)

I thought I'd post up some pics of my new ride showing some of the wonderful English countryside. I've had MANY Viffers over the years, this is my newest yet and it feels like it's dripping in quality and refinement, plus that VTEC engagement is so much nicer on the later models (although my next upgrade is a PC 5).

To whoever designed the 6th gen VFR at Honda, I want to buy you a pint! :D

Cheers!

Steve

IMAG1096_1.jpg

IMAG1402_1.jpg

IMAG1442.jpg

IMAG1463.jpg

IMAG1466.jpg

IMAG1448.jpg

IMAG1491_1.jpg

IMAG1494.jpg

• Member Contributer

Hi, welcome to the site.  :beer:

Very nice looking bike and will last you for years with good maintenance.

Not sure why you want a PC for it??? There are some very cheap & easy things you can do to make the fuelling smoother....certainly worked on my 08. But she's yours and you can fettle her any way you want.

Best of luck with her!

Cheers Skids!

I have done the pair valve/flapper mod and put in some 02 eliminators but I'm still getting a snatchy throttle at low revs - I've been told by many that a PC 3 or 5 will cure this issue along with making the bike even smoother.

Nice ride by the way, the VFR12 might be my next bike :)

Cheers!

Steve

• Member Contributer

No worries m8.

I assume then that you've balanced the SVs too so maybe it really is mileage that settles the fuelling down; mine's pretty good with the same mods but has 72k on the clock now.

And if you tell me you live very close to where you took the photos, I'll be well pissed off! :goofy:

We're coming up your way this morning; heading to a friends birthday near Gainsborough. Taking the 1200 of course!  :wheel:

It's funny you say that Skids as I can already feel a difference from 10k to 13k miles, the bike seems much smoother and less snatchy? How is this possible? I'm still going to try a PC 3 or 5 as I've always been curious to see the effects (if any) - If I end up not noticing much difference I'll just sell the unit.

I live near Lincoln actually, it's usually only about an hours run from where I live to Derbyshire, although to get there I usually have to slab it a bit up the A1 or go through the centre of Sheffield to get to Glossop. I regularly ride around Gainsborough area though as I have some friends up that way - I wouldn't want to live there though, it's a bit rough! :)

Cheers Saoirse32 (tricky name to spell!) - It's worth a go mate, nice green 5th gen by the way - I had one just like it and put about 50k miles on it, loved it :)

Snap

9847e2a577b22b72b5eb88d782e1a919.jpg

Not long had my '58 plate with similar mileage

It's my first one so nothing to compare it to coming from a BMW GS but loving it so far

My usual playground is the Peak District too (live in Derby) so probably see you around some time

Hey Ian very nice! I love the colour as it's different and turns heads, one person said it looks like it's been cut from the same piece of aluminium - Just gorgeous.

If you ever want a play in the hill give me a shout, we could always meet up around Derbyshire :)

it looks like it's been cut from the same piece of aluminium

Someone said that to me too - on the FB group I think

Catch you around sometime

The Yondermann cafe is always a favourite stop of our when we're up that way

Archived