Honda Quick Shifter installation

npracer

I was following the procedure in the installation instructions for the removal of the left middle cowl. I removed all the bolts and clips as per the instructions, but the cowl will not come off. Has anyone removed it? What am I missing?

• Member Contributer

You need to push it toward the rear of the bike.  There are a couple of hooks that hold it to the middle cowl.

Nodak I think he's talking about the middle not the lower. You need to remove the lower panels, then all the outside bolts holding the middle panel to the mounting brackets, the plastic 'scrivets' under the belly pan (all 4), the bolt and clip inside the edge of the lower radiator grille, the two bolts inside under the headlamp each side and the clips to the inside panels by the forks. There's a plastic lug inside the pointed section near the nose so it needs to be pushed forward a cm or two but should come off fairly easily.

Hi Fatshoutybloke:

thanks for your response. Yes, it's the middle cowl I'm having trouble with. I've removed the lower cowl, the inner lower and upper cowls, all the bolts and clips. The cowl seems to be attached along the top edge and at the pointed edge. I will try to move it forward as you suggest.

Archived