Why Honda? Frikin Aprilia Tuono

• Member Contributer

First off I own a (blue)5th Gen with hardbags and can never see myself selling it, maybe sitting on the sides feeling neglected . The bike is running top shelf with electrical and suspension mods. Frkin Aprila Tuono

Frkin Aprilia Tuono, that should of been a honda bike! At least Honda is thinking or being preceived so...http://www.asphaltandrubber.com/rumors/honda-v4-superbike-2017-rumor/

Okay lets fantasize, no? Frikin Aprilia Tuono, can you imagine? This bike in your garage! Oh yes! I would ride the Viffer sometimes, then again, not........maybe.

Honda, Frick! Listen to the peeps! We would like something comfortable yet sporty, say more than a Yamaha FRJ/Honda ST/1200 VFR kinda peep. You know..less weight over all, torque low down (Frick again, really it would have to be V4, I3, or a Twin cylinder), Great ergos (not too tall), super suspension and brakes, and myself and those who agree mean it/want it  ..tada! Did I mention being able to tear up the miles.

All right, everyone is thinking motorcycles are compromizes. Compromize for me, when I think about the word, it makes me think of motorcycles as a referance to its true meaning. I wish when I thought of the meaning of comprimize it would include why I bought a Honda _______ rather than a Frkin Aprilia Tuno. Why Honda? Why?

I am not getting any younger waiting. Frkin Aprilia Tuono

I could live with the cheaper model as apposed to the factory unit, the colour scheme is also easier on the eyes. Spend the extra 2K in price on the componets or a trip (each to their own)..

http://www.cycleworld.com/2015/04/23/2016-aprilia-tuono-1100-v4-rr-first-ride-naked-sportbike-motorcycle-review-photos-specifications

pphhfff!

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, maxredline said:

Honda reliability and infrastruture

THIS! All of us who own and ride VFRs know that they are not perfect but for the most part Honda makes one reliable motorcycle (other vehicles too). There's also brand loyalty. Many people buy a make of vehicle and stay with that maker for every new vehicle they buy. Yes, they might buy another make but usually as a second vehicle and always stick with their preferred maker as their primary vehicle. As much as I love my Ducati, I have two Hondas for a reason as well as having owned nothing but Hondas prior to my Duc.

As much as I agree that there are other manufacturers that build a bike that we hope(d) Honda would build, it's not very easy to give up on your preferred maker. I for one am holding out in hopes that I eventually get what I want from Honda, I feel that I can wait, mostly because I currently have no need to replace the two Hondas I own now.

I guess I'm just weird. I won't buy a Hyosung, but I'll have no problem buying from another manufacturer. By chance, three of my four vehicles are Hondas at the moment, but I've had others in the past and wouldn't hesitate to stray again if someone else makes something that interests me. Honda makes very good products, sometimes the best, but they're not the only ones.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Member Contributer
2 hours ago, jhenley17 said:

I guess I'm just weird. I won't buy a Hyosung, but I'll have no problem buying from another manufacturer. By chance, three of my four vehicles are Hondas at the moment, but I've had others in the past and wouldn't hesitate to stray again if someone else makes something that interests me. Honda makes very good products, sometimes the best, but they're not the only ones.

As the saying goes "To each, their own". I too have no problem buying other make/models either but sometimes the heart wants what the heart wants! You should draw the line of paying more for less and/or for an inferior product just for the sake of buying the preferred brand, but that's the way I feel about it.

Definitely spend your own money however it makes you happy, just suggesting that people don't deny themselves the products they want or superior products simply because it doesn't have the badge you like.

I like all makes and models.  I've also had other makes and models.  Some way more exciting than my VFR.

For me however, I'm done looking at the short term (1-2 years) and prefer the longer term (3-7 years), maybe even beyond.  From that perspective I prefer to spend MORE time riding than worrying and maintaining and spending $$ on maintenance.  At the end of the day, I don't need 160 rwhp and 90+ ft lbs. of torque to have fun.  Having had the exotic performance and reliability/maintenance, I prefer consistent reliability and quality for years and years with easy maintenance and parts availability.  That rules out the Aprilia's, KTM's, and Ducati's.  They're nice to have, and by all means buy what tugs at your heart.  I can admire the Tuono online and let their owners worry about maintaining them when they hit 16k miles and more.  LOL!

• Member Contributer

Tuono is high on my list of "want" bikes.

R1S (used one day w/comfort mods) is on list of probably's due to V4 "like" motor, and more reliability.

A new V4 Sportbike (at Aprilia prices) from Honda would be a definite. 

The CBR's are still my favorite sport/super due to Honda quality and Styling.

When I tell people my bike has 70,000 miles they look at me like I am crazy (and that is nothing for a VFR), Honda Durability!

28 minutes ago, xfrickx said:

The CBR's are still my favorite sport/super due to Honda quality and Styling.

I agree with that.  The quality, fit and finish of Hondas are top notch, and I think their newer models have taken it to another level and that includes their lower end models too.  The paint, quality of the fasteners, the frame and swing arm and wheels, the fit, it's all there.  I got a CBR600 recently and one would think this bike would have cheaper components but it sure doesn't.  And the styling is actually functional as it's very aerodynamic and other design elements came directly from their MotoGP race bike.  The CBR600RR actually has smoother airflow around it than my '07 VFR.

Archived