eBay non-OEM mirrors

• Member Contributer

I have some cheap-ass aftermarket ones.  They have worked fine for 4+ years...just my 2 cents.

I just bought a set of the EMGO replacement mirrors for my 1993.  I got the idea from Rollin Again and his '93.  I've only had them on for about 2 weeks but I feel as though I get better coverage than the stock.

New Mirrors.JPG

Old Mirrors.JPG

They work fine. I've gone through 3 sets now due to dropping or crashing my 6th gen. The paint starts to oxidize after a few years, but you can't beat the price. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well a quick update - ended up buying the cheap-o version and waiting for them to arrive.  Looks wise, they are the same as OEM.  I mounted it on, and that's when there was an issue - the hole that mounts the mirror arm to the base bracket would not hold up because the bracket space was too large.  Everytime I went to adjust my mirrors, it would move enough to cause the main allen head screw to loosen, and the mirror would flop around.

Simple solution - use the OEM bracket and mount to the new arm - it was only the OEM mirror arm itself that broke.  The OEM bracket was the normal size, and now the mirrors adjust and stay in place.  Satisfied customer for the price!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived