New and in deep trouble

Hey guys I'm new to the site hoping some of you guys are still around a lot of one-time readings from 2006. I'm probably posting this in the wrong place and it's possible that it's posted somewhere else and I just don't have the attention span to read that far besides the fact that I'm in a hurry to get his bike fixed because I love it. A couple days ago I tried to start the bike when I turn the ignition on the FI light started flashing rapidly. I try to educate myself before I open my mouth I know that this is not fault code the flashing is too rapid and it is constant. So far I've stripped the bike down almost to the bare bike exposing every electrical connector every ground everything I can find electrically I'm going through the blue connector I've gone through the Grey connectors I've metered it out everything I can find all to no avail. As far as I can tell the bank sensor is good all the cut off relays are good ground is good and I don't know where to turn. I've been on the phone with every Honda shop in the area spoke to all the old heads they know the know and still nothing any questions any comments any insights at all would be greatly appreciated thank you guys for your time

It probably would help us if you gave some background. How long have you owned the bike. Was it running ok before you encountered this problem. How long has the bike been sitting since you last rode it. Is it stored indoors/outdoors. Did you do any recent work on the bike. Etc.  Need more info.

• Member Contributer

Also, a video of the sequence might also be helpful.  Start with the key off, turn it on - show us the light's behavior and any other relevant information - does the fuel pump run for several seconds, etc. 

As always, nothing good electrical comes from a bad battery.  Take it someplace - Autozone, Batteries Plus, etc and have it load tested.  A good percentage of the electrical situations are no more complicated that a bad cell or two in the battery.

• Member Contributer

Yes, more info needed. Relays, bank angle sensor won't cause the FI light to flash as you state. Does the engine crank over when you try to start or are you not even getting to that stage. Also, what is the state of the HISS light when attempting a start? Agree with Cogswell strange issues have been caused by a battery down on capacity or voltage, failing that, do you have the service manual, or circuit diagram to match your bike? Have you verified that all grounds and supply rails to the ECU are there, measured at the back of the ECU plugs?

Also have you tried your spare key (if you have one) you might just have a dud key transponder??!,

Archived